Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    Meeting the endless in every day life
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting the endless in every day life
 Login/Join

Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted
Okay, so I'm putting this in worlds end, because it only kind of relates to neil, and has no acctual discussion of his work. This is also my post announcing that I have a new crush.

If you WANT to move it, fine, but this is where I think it works best.

I met this girl yesterday at work. Spitting image of delirium when she has her hair grown all over her head(she changes a lot, so you know, get the right image in mind) and dresses like her too. I want to walk over and ask her if shes ever read the sandman, but shes always got her head in some book by kurt vonnegut(sp?). I hate interupting someone while they read so I haven't talked to her much outside of when I was training her on her first day.

But yes. I met delirium at work. Anybody ever meet anybody who looks like the endless? This was my first. Met plenty of gothy brooding skinny guys but never DREAM, met plenty of perky goth chicks with a cute smile but never DEATH. And you know, so on.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
hey, if she's reading Vonnegut at least she's got good taste in books.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
ive always wanted to meet a dream.....never have.
ive met a few deliriums, but when you are insane they kinda come to you.....
death of course......used to be her in fact....without the tophat, back when i was younger....

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
will not Ling Ling you, not ever
posted Hide Post
my brother is lucien Wink to a T almost

and if she was reading Vonnegut, how could you not talk to her!!!!!!

Call me a dork, but I think girls who read good books are sexy Wink

Posts: 3803 | Location: Basking in the desert sun at the cliff's edge | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
'course they are. if they also happen to be geeks, it's even better.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pnada Panda:
my brother is lucien Wink to a T almost

Call me a dork, but I think girls who read good books are sexy Wink

Oh, I talked to her a bit while I was training her but breaking someones "leave me alone, I'm reading" concentration is like the most evil thing in the world. So talking at like break was out of the question.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eldi:
Okay, so I'm putting this in worlds end, because it only kind of relates to neil, and has no acctual discussion of his work. [snip] Anybody ever meet anybody who looks like the endless?

Moving to Neil's other works. The question posed in the first post asks folks if they've met anyone who looked like one of the Endless. Sandman. Other works.

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
quote:
Originally posted by Eldi:
Okay, so I'm putting this in worlds end, because it only kind of relates to neil, and has no acctual discussion of his work. [snip] Anybody ever meet anybody who looks like the endless?

Moving to Neil's other works. The question posed in the first post asks folks if they've met anyone who looked like one of the Endless. Sandman. Other works.

I figured you might do that.

Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of Deliriums. One of whom is also a Desire, and when she goes monochrome is quite a passable Death, too.

I know one or two Destinies, one of whom also has more than a touch of Dream... I've also seen more Despairs than I would like to have.

Couple Destructions, too, now that I think about it. Hee. They're fun. Smile

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
I've met people who have aspects of each of the endless, but never one who looked so much like one, or sounded like i think they sound in my head, or thinks like the one they look and sound like.

Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
hey, if she's reading Vonnegut at least she's got good taste in books.

quote:

Call me a dork, but I think girls who read good books are sexy

quote:
'course they are. if they also happen to be geeks, it's even better.

God, I LOVE this place. Big Grin

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
From out of the cloven pine
Picture of Weaver
posted Hide Post
There are one or two people round my uni that are sort of Desire-ish, i.e. similer build, dark hair, pale skin and you can't really tell what gender they are. Haven't seen any Death's or Dreams, although not for lack of trying.

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Kingdom of Albion | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met Death at a metal bar she was the same bubbly person very hot and a little intimidating. AND she even had the ankh...yep she was an fan =)

I saw a bum that looked like Despair. Except with clothes. Which was good.

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dated a girl who was a bit like Delirium. But I have to say, I am glad the relationship is over :P

Always looking for a girl like Death. I know I will have a date with her eventually, but she's not the kind of girl who goes for a long-term relationship Frown

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Viki
posted Hide Post
Well, I see alot of Death and Delirium girls walking around Manhattan. It's funny, but some time ago I played a game by trying to find people who looked like the Endless in the crowds. I got the idea when I saw a girl that looked strikingly like Death, she even had the same sorta-but-not-really asian eyes.
Oh, and I believe I DID meet the real Dream. It was Neil Gaiman himself at a book signing. As I read the comics, I kept Neil in my head and they sort of merged into one character to me.
Somebody here said they've seen Destiny. How do you tell when someone looks like Destiny? We never got a proper look at him...?

Never Knows Best...

Posts: 11 | Location: NJ and Manhattan | Registered: September 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first read the series, Lucien always looked like a younger version of my dad. Still does, a bit.

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jemini
posted Hide Post
My sister is Delirium in pretty much every way I can think of ...

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killala
posted Hide Post
My aunt Ela and, to a lesser extent, also my great grandmother Irena (who is very short but not that dwarfish as Despair) resemble Despair with their facial features and body built - although, luckily, they wander around fully clothed Big Grin

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2119876/ - my Sandman and other fanfics Smile

Posts: 76 | Location: Poland | Registered: August 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere in my own Sandman edition that some of the artists who've drawn Dream over the years have used Neil himself for inspiration, so if there's one true Dream-double, it's probably him

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a bartender and interact with my customer a lot; therefore I can put everyone in one of the endless categories. Mostly delirium, I can dream the cowboys go all the way this year, generally I feel like I’m a bartender at “Worlds End.”

Posts: 1 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post