Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    Velvet Underground references
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Velvet Underground references
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, I know there's a lot of references to VU and Lou Reed in the dialogue and italicized music background, but I was listening to the VU song, "I've Been Set Free" and found a reference to Sandman there. The line goes "The prince of stories who walk right by me". I know the song is before the comics, so I bet Gaiman found a connection here. Also there's also the refrain "I've been set free and I've been bound" which is something that happened to the Dream early on in the plot...any other VU fans out there???

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<thankyou>
posted
I think your blog http://www.lovewigs88.com]perruques is very useful , i like it very much. I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi
you need to check the black angles i think they will give you good reference Smile
enjoy the music

[spam removed from post - Smaug]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

Posts: 22 | Registered: June 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post