Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    Search for: old Sandman poster by Vince Locke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Search for: old Sandman poster by Vince Locke
 Login/Join

Picture of Nuitari
posted
I bought it about 8 years ago in a comicshop, a Sandman poster by Vince Locke. It had Dream on it, standing before a full moon, with sand running through his fingers to a dreamscape below and ravens fluttering around his head. But unfortunately I lost it, so, does anyone even have a picture of said painting? I can't find it anywhere on the net. I'd love to get it as a poster again but figure it has long ago gone out of print...

Thanks Smile

Posts: 11 | Location: Utrecht, Netherlands | Registered: November 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilith42
posted Hide Post
It's a wonderful poster! I've had mine for years but am just too attached to it to part with it. I promise I will keep my eyes out for it as I know exactly what one you are looking for. It stands over me in my bedroom standing guard every night.

Posts: 639 | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilith42
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone aware of the copyright laws on reprinting a poster that is old? How old would it have to be for me to leagally copy my dream poster to allow nuitari to have a copy.

Nutari, I know how you feel about losing this poster! I had an Edward Gorey poster of the alphabet where all the children met with their demise alphabetically but when my younger son ended up with an accident that happened when I was not home and held my older son and my boyfriend in suspect of wrong doing, I threw out the poster before the social worker came over. Fortunately for us, the whole incident was a truly an accident with individuals more oblivious to small children's ability to walking straight into a hazard(in other word more neglect rather than intentional harm) And then I could never find it again.
I have read that there are places to get posters reproduced. So if there is a possiblilty, we'll figure it.

I'll take a picture and post it later to make sure this is the poster that you want.

Picture of lilith42
posted Hide Post
as promised:

Picture of Nuitari
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Lilith, you are the best!

Posts: 11 | Location: Utrecht, Netherlands | Registered: November 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I am cleaning up the computer room emptying out the closet and came across the Vince Locke poster of mine, still wrapped in plastic.

If it helps it was made by O.S.P publishing INC.

The SKU# on my poster is 6413959. I don't know if that was a Suncoast SKU or what.
It is called "Sandman/Dreams"

I paid $4.88 at Suncoast many moons ago. Smile

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatBlack
posted Hide Post
if you can't find one like your own, you could treat yourself to a new poster. i kinda like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-VERTIGO...=TL090123114004r8788

...his face in the moonlight was the skull of an angel... - T. Pratchett

Posts: 15 | Location: in a paper bag | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also looking for this!! I lost mine in a move 7 or more years ago. I have been looking for it ever since. Were you able to find any information about replication or copyright rules?

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me to that list of people searching for that poster! This is the FIRST image/mention of it I've been able to find online. I also used to own this poster YEARS ago and lost it somewhere. Frown Kicking myself now. Would love to know if anyone has found out how to buy/reproduce this poster. Cheers!

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Dream poster you were all talking about. I've been trying to find out how much its worth. I've had it for 11 years. It's in a poster frame, no tears, no fading, no dog ears or fold lines. I just need advice on how to value it for sale. My husband and I have recently had our third child and at this point I could honestly use the money if its worth selling. I'd really appreciate any help or direction you could give me.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is now rare? I wish I haven't sold the one I got at storage auctions, same thing with the poster above, for sure this is worth a lot now.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post