Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    Images of sigils
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Images of sigils
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I'm in the process of getting images for a tattoo that I want done of the Endless sigils. I haven't had much luck in finding good quality images of Delirium's sigil. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's difficult to answer this because the sigil will change depending on who's looking. Just like the Sandman changes his appearance many times throughout the series, Delirium's sigil will change. In issue #10, Del's sigil is a bunch of swirling colored ribbons in Desire's gallery. Destiny's gallery in Seasons of Mists is a painting of Delight, no sigil. In Brief Lives, it's some swirling clouds, maybe a vortex. That's in Dream's gallery. Later in Brief Lives, we see Destruction's gallery and again, it's the swirling clouds/vortex thing going on. Later, in the Kindly Ones, it's not necessarily a sigil, but Delirium transforms into multi-colored tropical fish. A few issue more, she is shown holding a tropical fish as a balloon. This theme is further illustrated in the Endless Nights book. The story on Delirium repeats the tropical fish motif throughout. There was also a Delirium statue with her holding a fish balloon. So, in summary, your best bet would be a spinning vortex, or a tropical fish balloon. I hope that helps.

Posts: 20 | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember an endless charm bracelet. Google it.

Posts: 20 | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Woody.

As far as the charm bracelet, it's only some kind of metal (pewter, silver or something similar) and not in colour. Useless for a tattoo. Also, Dream/s sigil is a WW2 gas mask, and not his actual dream helm. That fact alone makes the whole thing very sketchy to me.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post