Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    On Gaiman and Bradbury
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On Gaiman and Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
I was certainly sad about the passing of Ray Bradbury. But all I had ever heard about him was from people who met him was that he could be quick with criticism and that he didn't appreciate the smart-mouthed remarks of a bunch of Harvard Graduates.

Okay, I thought. He's definitely earned his chops, so I was happy enough that he was a brilliant author that had reached me with his work.

Then I read "The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury", followed shortly after by my reading the story behind the story.

I read of Neil Gaiman's impressions of Ray Bradbury and the story he told was almost of an entirely different person than the one I had been told of. It was Neil Gaiman's words that moved me to tears over Ray Bradbury's passing.

I write, because if I did anything else with the ideas in my head, I'd go to prison.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post