Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    The Joys Of Finding Neil Gaiman mentioned in other works of fiction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Joys Of Finding Neil Gaiman mentioned in other works of fiction
 Login/Join

Picture of that scott guy
posted
So I've been reading a lot of Joe Hill's books lately and in one novel there is a reference to a character being a huge Neil Gaiman fan and in a short story I just read by Hill called Best New Horror, I found this line which I thought was funny

"Tracy had once spent an hour playing pinball with Neil Gaiman at the World Fantasy Convention in Washington, D.C. They still wrote each other."

I'm pretty sure that Joe and Neil are friends (to my knowledge Neil is also friends with Stephen King who is Joe's father...but I could be wrong).

So, what I was wondering, is if anyone else has come across any mention of Neil in any other works of fiction? If so, what was the book/story?

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
He's not mentioned by name, but Diana Wynne Jones has based a character partly on him in her books Deep Secret and the Merlin Conspiracy. I think she mentions Sandman, too, but only briefly.

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post