Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello Neil
 Login/Join

posted
I love your work, I'm constantly facinated how you make the ordinary a little more magical for me. I loved yuor homage to Terry Prachett, it goes towards explaining the depth and commitment he has towards writing. You have inspired me to write short stories in my free time. It is not my forte', I write creatively in hopes my work on a Advanced Dungeon & Dragons Module will be accepted. but I love to read and I love history. is there a place to submit some writing, and to get some feedback or just to allow me to share intrest with others. I love walking into other peoples worlds and looking in the window. we so often live inside our lonely shells. I'd like to look into someone elses and share the party. thanks again for inviting my to yours.

R.R. (vorpal)

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Hello Vorpal and welcome to the Neil Gaiman Message board.

Neil himself does not visit the board, but please feel free to pass your message onto him via neilgaiman.com faq (rather than the neilgaimanboard.com) which can be found here.

if you wish to you could head over to the Worlds End part of the board, introduce yourself and get to know us all a little better, and in time I'm sure we'd be willing to share your writing and give you some feedback, but get to know us first as we don't just like to be used.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi! Don't hate me but I just discovered Neil Gaiman. I am not usually a SF reader. I was going out of town to wrok and anticipated 2-3 months away from my library, so I grabbed a dozen paperbacks that don't have a due back date. I glanced at the fwd of Smoke and Mirrors and thought it sounded interesting.

I feel as if I have been deprived to have never read him before. First off, despite being an American of Irish descent I am a HUGE London lover. So I enjoy reading bits about places I have been. What I really like is his wordsmanship, if that is a word. I am in the scene with each precise descriptive word he chooses.

So my question to all you other Gaimanites...

What is your favorite work and why? Is there a particular order I should read his other works in?

Posts: 1 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
hello pegdafittr

welcome to the board.

you might find the answers to your questions here

or you may just wish to mooch about the 'more other works' area to see peoples thoughts on each of his books.

happy hunting Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
hey pegdsomethingorother

i'll answer here just for the heck of it

my favourite gaiman work was the sandman comics, it was the first of his stuff that i ever read so that helps, and because it was a comic series he went way more in depth with the characters than he could with a novel or short story

i dont think you have to read anything in a particular order (other than the comics) its up to you and depends on your personal tastes

personally, im not a huge fan of the childrens lit that he seems to do a lot of now...i dont mind it, but i prefer his works that have more of a bite to it

anyhow, welcome to the board

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buttonfreak
posted Hide Post
im' 11 year' old i read every single one of his story's there great did any one think why there's always a rodent in almost every one of ?i think it's his favorite animal Confused

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post