New
Find
Notify
Tools

neilgaiman.info
 Login/Join

Picture of Dan Guy
posted
The web elf pointed out to me this evening that, of all communities, I had neglected to tell you lot about neilgaiman.info, the Neil Gaiman wiki.

Lucy Anne's idea, my coding and configuration, and a lot of GMZoe's time and effort, the idea is to have a wiki exploring Gaimania to its fullest. It's a reference work; it's a repository of trivia; it's a floor wax and dessert topping!

GMZoe has been putting an impressive amount of work into it. I've been adding stuff here and there as whimsy leads me. We could use your help. How about it?

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Smile Miss Elf rocks.

As does the Gaiman wiki Smile

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
wait hey the danguy doing fun fun tag clouds n such is you dan guy?
i bet everyone knew that but me.
well hey thankees danguy Smile

p.s. your fam is so cute!

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14240 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Hey now, is it me or has that site grown exponentially since the last time I looked? Good job, web elven.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
wait hey the danguy doing fun fun tag clouds n such is you dan guy?

Yep.

quote:
p.s. your fam is so cute!

Thanks! I suppose I'll keep them.

I used a picture you took (or at least posted) on the wiki's Nightwalker entry. I just went back and added attribution.

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
Hey now, is it me or has that site grown exponentially since the last time I looked? Good job, web elven.

Well, you know, it's a wiki so it grows, and stuff. Right now it is largely a product of GMZoe's sweat and my whimsy.

I'm rather hoping some tipping point arrives whereupon the masses of Neil fans will descend upon the wiki like a horde of locust and populate it with their chittering spawn -err- with trivia and factoids and write-ups of whatever they like within the Neilsphere.

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I haven't even tackled any big projects yet. I'm just doing a whole bunch of little side projects. Once people start actively writing, my stuff will look pitifully thin. Gives me a good reason to catch up on my reading though. I've had those Tekno Comix on my to read pile for years now

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
Nice job and good idea. I'll take a better look over the week-end and see if there's anything I can help with.

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
Yay! Help is good. Thanks.

Wild horses did drag her away, once - long story
Picture of the madness of queen monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Guy:
Yay! Help is good. Thanks.

The speech he gave at the Mythopoeic Society con in 2004 was excellent and I'm sure someone in the society would have the text if you need it -- www.mythsoc.org.
You guys rock for doing this, btw. Smile

"this whole blonde doctor situation has me mortified"
---
and I don't normally advocate music I love, but go see www.myspace.com/umbrellatree and thank me later!

Posts: 1540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I love working on wikis.

Squee and Joy!

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post