New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colbert Report
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sounds great!
How are you at drawing squirrels dying horribly?

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I drew these owls- (holds up avatar)- - -
Squirrels live in our neighborhood.
(When I was 13 I inadvertently saw my Dad shish-ka-bob one with an arrow - - and I've never been quite the same.)

Are you buying lunch - or shall we work a grift?

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, you drew those? Now I actually really want you to do those illustrations!

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I'm your man!

When is lunch? : )

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lunch might be difficult at you're in Rochester and I'm in London. Frown

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
No worries Culf-- where there's a free lunch- there is ALWAYS a way!! (Old starving artist proverb).

halucinagenia- I apologize for hi-jacking this thread!

We now return to our regularly scheduled discussion already in progress. Cheers!

posted Hide Post
If you do illustrate my story, I shall make sure to find a way to get you a free lunch! At least one on me!

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Oh guys - do send us a link when it's written and illustrated please! You never know, Neil may even blog it!

And, Mr Neil's put a link of the Colbert Report in his blog for us all to see. It was lovely to watch. He's has wonderful answers doesn't he?! What a great interview. LOTR was my favourite too and OK Tom Bombadil was strangely annoying but I'm glad he was there to save the hobbits from that naughty old willow and the barrow-wights. Think what may have happened otherwise!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hiyall
this isn't strictly related to the colbert report but that comment on the same video page that claims the Gaiman family to be of Scientologist faith. is this a sensitive, to-be-banned topic (sorry, not sure...) or can i ask what the truth in it is?

eeps
*chews fingers in apprehension and hopes won't be banned*

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaya Lakshmi
posted Hide Post
I think that's another of Colbert's pseudo-claims. Neil is actually of Jewish upbringing, as detailed in an article about how he convinced his parents to have a Christmas tree. I don't know what his religious beliefs are, though.

On a related note to the Colbert report, who else cheered when Neil described Peter Rabbit about rabbits worried about turning into stew?

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Well, yes he was raised in the Jewish faith and yes, some of his family- his father especially- were fairly high-up in the Scientologist hierarchy. Pretty common knowledge if you look for it, but also a lot of weird rumors and disinformation, some of which seems to be a smear campaign.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BeeZee,

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Culf:
I was actually at the filming, and thought he did great. Of course, now I have to write a children's book called "Fuck it, we're all going to die." (Actually, I'm doing it already.)

Ok- where did Culf go?
I was serious back then- and now it's become some sort of silly side thread idea that's marked off to Boardie Banter.
---I offer the challenge.
If someone else gives it a shot-- I'll STILL throw illustrations at it! (Scanned pencil sketches probably- since there isn't a budget), but, I think that the idea might be the stuff of underground legend if it was done right.

Send me a note if you feel up to the challenge.
Cheers! (No squirrels- - - that idea SUNK.)

Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
Well, yes he was raised in the Jewish faith and yes, some of his family- his father especially- were fairly high-up in the Scientologist hierarchy. Pretty common knowledge if you look for it, but also a lot of weird rumors and disinformation, some of which seems to be a smear campaign.

I love the Colbert Report and was so happy when I found out he was on it. But in respone to this quote: I hate when people talk about this most people that claim to hate Scientologly don't understand it, which makes me really mad. I don't even understand it all the way, but it shouldn't change the way people think about him at all....

Posts: 50 | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gneil Before Zod
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report. Neil and Colbert in the same room... I'll take that over Chuck Norris and Mr. T any day, heh. That we didn't have some kind of awesomeness overload that ripped the multiverse asunder is nothing short of a miracle.

Oh, and it makes no difference to me whether Neil is a Scientologist or not. It certainly isn't something that bleeds into his writing, at least not as far as I'm aware.

----

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
If Neil is a Scientologist, he's the most respectful, well-behaved one I know of. Seriously, Scientuloogists can be just as annoying as Jehovah's Witnesses (or fill in the blank for for any religion that you feel has been forced upon you) with the trying-to-convert-you stuff.

If that's what Neil believes, fine. I personally believe we don't have the ability or capacity to truly know what's going on out there, but in the end we'll all find out who's right and who isn't, so it's an argument won by the best at forensics and not facts.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pachyderm
posted Hide Post
so is this video still up on youtube?

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post