Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    Message to Neil...not sure if this is the proper channel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message to Neil...not sure if this is the proper channel?
 Login/Join

Picture of ElMonstro
posted
Hi...sorry to clutter up the boards like this, couldn't find his e-mail, then thought, "fuck it, that's kinda stalky anyway."

Uhhh....you're pretty incredible, man. Ha ha, you're also why I don't write sometimes. I look at some shit I put together some years ago and go, "Man, this was a great introduction of that character, and check out this dialogue! It's allllmost not cardboard! I mean, it still is, but...it's wetter, it's not stiff, right? I'm totally progressing!"

Then I'll remember American Gods, or a few pages of Sandman.

And, wow. The contest is over, I really shouldn't have brought a jackhammer to a pole-vaulting contest. Lesson learned, right?

(All humor, by the way, I really hope none of this comes off as, like...angry at you. It is, but purely in an appreciative fan kind of way, I swear!(Also, that was also humor.))

But, yeah. Guys like you and Alan Moore and Charles Bukowski and the Marquis(not so much the shitting in mouths part) pretty much inspire the hell out of me. I don't think I've ever disliked a single comic from you, and I was getting into Anansi Boys, EVEN though the way I read is really a detriment. I do this thing where I read a chapter or two, put it down for a year...then just pick up where I left off, and crush it like nothing. Rambly rambly rambly was the crazed internet message to the artist. That's it. Artist.

A lot of "artists" really piss me off nowadays. Like, such lazy bastards. I don't know what's worse, them, or the people who just churn stuff out for a profit...I mean, at least those guys are trying to get rent paid, and there's something noble in that, I think. Someone doing the bare minimum, or breaking the rules in a sloppy, inane matter and then going all over the "press" with it to try and garner attention to, y'know...an action that they play up, it's frustrating.

So it's great to see guys like you, just going out there, and doing what you do, creating quality, and really, just...letting it speak for itself. Thank you, for that. And if I ever, y'know...make something worth making? I only hope, I can get to that point.

I think I'm done rambling like a ninny. Keep kicking ass and politely reclaiming names, man. Thanks for being you.

Yeah, just here to gush like a fanboy.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ElMonstro
posted Hide Post
BTW, my first introduction to this site, was this link here:

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/...way-of-preamble.html

God, who the hell begs you for props from the movies, man? And not even, like...waiting for some kind of response, y'know? Just playing that hand, RIGHT THERE. Really?! I'm very sorry that happened, sorry for you, and sorry for the chick. Seriously.

Picture of ElMonstro
posted Hide Post
***NEIL DOES NOT READ THE FORUM.***

Hell, I should have seen the big all caps letters in asteriks. Sorry, people.

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Hello ElMonstro and welcome to the board.

If you want to pass your message directly to Neil, follow this link

Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post