Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    If you were one of Neil's characters...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were one of Neil's characters...
 Login/Join

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted
Which one would you be? Who do you most resemble now? Who would you like to become? Does anyone else ever look in this forum?

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Black_Swan
posted Hide Post
Wll I like Death you know, but the that I like the most is Coraline, I think I would like to be like her, well I'm like her in some ways anyway.

Who else??? I like Nuala too.
yes, I think that woul be all

Big Grin

Take care of yourself people.
Crowgirl

Posts: 211 | Location: Chile | Registered: February 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
It's not that I have a thing about birds, but I think the character which resembles me most is Mathew, the raven.

"we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Posts: 16427 | Location: Haifa, Israel | Registered: August 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:rattle:rattle:
Picture of When_lingers
posted Hide Post
I always read this forum. I like the discussions about Gaiman, about the stories and all those cool things. And since fewer people post here, the threads are easier to follow.

As for who I resemble? Maybe Richard, or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
"Come over here to where When lingers." JCBush

Posts: 1955 | Location: France | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always sympathized most with Anaesthesia from "Neverwhere" (the guide across Night's Bridge)but that's probably because that was one of my more hateful nicknames growing up (when your given name is Anastazya, you get all sorts of bizarre nicknames). But that character I'm most like is probably Delerium.

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tanis Fane
posted Hide Post
Hob. Hob Gadling.

~baraka, merkaba, in lak'esh, namasté~

Posts: 1773 | Location: CMU | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragons Bard
posted Hide Post
I look a lot like Despair but have a nicer face. I acted a bit like Delirium when I was younger.
Now I can relate to Miss Spink the most.

~***~~~*~~~***~***~~~*~~~***~
Gayle aka Miss Spinks new Name.

Posts: 3568 | Location: Valhalla | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nib
posted Hide Post
Destruction. Cool

This is prolly on a personal level, but it's just so liberating to actually get to do whatever you want, go wherever you want, no responsibility whatsoever...plus there's that flattering feeling of having quit a job you got tired of even though it's arguably the most essential and influential task in the universe.

Kinda like saying: "Heck screw you all I quit and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it." Big Grin

I also dig the artistic side and all (even if for the most part my works were mediocre LOL...)...

Posts: 153 | Registered: November 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Some days, I'm a lot like Coraline, because I'm smart and brave and hate to be bored. On my off days, I think I'm most like Jessica from Neverwhere, because I can be mind-numbingly fixated and selfish and not even realize it. Sometimes, I wonder if I know what my own motives are.

Who would I like to be? I'd like to be as well-balanced as Death. I'd like to have Barbie's courage in facing the unknown. I'd like to have Delirium's ability to entertain herself. Mad Hettie's tenacity. Una's (from Stardust) patience. But mostly, I would want to be Crowley. Damn, but he looked like he was having fun! Wink

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
-Bump-

There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
Dream. I mope. In the rain. About girls. A bunch. And then stay up so my brain is screwed up... which sounds counter-intuitive, until you realize i'm trying to induce waking dreams. And then I mope. And write bad poetry.

http://lon.blogspot.com -- Its a slightly less eloquent me.

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I think I relate most to Dream, I'm uber-angsty and overly emotional to those I'm not stand-offish towards... I also mope, a lot, over many different people, and write semi-decent poetry.

..:Lauren:..

"And if you spin your love around
The secrets of your dreams
You may find your love is gone
And is not quite what it seemed
To appear to disappear
Beneath all your darkest fears
I believe in never, I believe in all the way
But belief is not to notice, belief is just some faith"
-Smashing Pumpkins - Thru Eyes of Ruby

Posts: 20 | Location: KY, USA | Registered: April 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mackerel sky
posted Hide Post
i'd like to be lucien - trustworthy 'sidekick' type thing - plus i get to read all the cool books in the library.

Posts: 1489 | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Somnambulist
posted Hide Post
I look a bit like the Corinthian Cool
but i spose i don't really act like him much.

Posts: 482 | Location: UK | Registered: April 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
Hmm... A bit of Death (hair, clothes, randomness), a bit of Lucien (books, archivist/librarian tendencies), and a bit of Coraline (stubborness, wandering, weird housemates).

------------------------------
'Huns! Visigoths! Vandals!'
(Hugh, Brian Friel's Translations)

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
Well, a few years ago I would have said the old Dream, but so many things have happened to me in the last few years, and I've been through so many changes, (it almost feels like a literal rebirth sometimes), that I would say now I'm more like Daniel, maybe even with just a bit of Death.

Although there are certainly other characters that I relate to or can see myself as, (and since I've done all Sandman so far, I'm going to stay there), most notably probably Lucien, Orpheus, and, stretching a little bit, Hob Gadling.

~
James

Larger than life is the perfect size

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Somnambulist
posted Hide Post
Can I go again?!
well i will anyway.
After seening Penny's Who's Who Here thread, and looking at the picture of the corinthian at the characterlist site that is linked on that thread (and the second creation of corinthian), I now say I would be the second Corinthian.
Also Delerium, Dream, Shakespeare.
aheheh. i think.

------------------------------
I'll die before I surrender, Tim

Posts: 482 | Location: UK | Registered: April 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doctor/Warrior/Hunter/Judge/Prey
Picture of Circus
posted Hide Post
This is a really tough question for me, as i don't think i'm particularly similar to anyone in the series. Maybe, in demeanor, i'm like Mervyn. In sexual preference, Hazel or Foxglove, certainly, but not so much in character. In some ways i'm probably most like Marco Polo in the desert.

But really...i'd like to be Hunter from Neverwhere.

Posts: 7496 | Location: lurking beneath the floorboards of the old Twilight Cafe | Registered: August 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Loki Blue
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine tells me I'm like Door(?), from Neverwhere. But I haven't read that yet.

I'd like to think of myself as Crowley from Good Omens! Razz

I saw Jack Nicholson drinkin' a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's,
His hair was perfect.

Posts: 31 | Registered: March 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's like an Oreo cookie, only not
Picture of Chiaroscuro
posted Hide Post
Destruction. (Can't spell today, but you get what I mean, hahaha)

Even though I'm a girl, I see myself most like him. (But then again, being Endless, does gener really matter? Wink )

Posts: 776 | Location: The black hole known as Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post