Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    If you were one of Neil's characters...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were one of Neil's characters...
 Login/Join

Picture of Pixie Wolfe
posted Hide Post
I'd say Death...I'm most like her in personality and appearance already...one of the things that drew me in to Sandman so much was the uncanny resemblance I had to her. Reading her was like reading me...it was kinda creepy!
Anyway, seeing as how I'm very happy with myself, I'd have to go with Death.

Eist moran agus can beagan

Posts: 61 | Location: Savannah, GA, USA | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mad hettie. definitely mad hettie.

vee dub
===
"I always say you can't go wrong with a good Invocation," said Nanny. "Haven't done one for years."
Granny Weatherwax frowned. Magrat said, "Oh but you can't. Not here. You need a cauldron, and a magic sword. And an octogram. And spices, and all sorts of stuff."
Granny and Nanny exchanged glances.
"It's not her fault," said Granny. "It's all them grimmers she was bought." She turned to Magrat.
"You don't need none of that," she said. "You need headology." She looked around the ancient washroom.
"You just use whatever you've got," she said.

--Terry Pratchett, *Wyrd Sisters*
===

Posts: 3 | Location: San Francisco, CA, US | Registered: June 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if she was created by Neil? I was thinking she was one of Alan Moore's... but i'm not positive.

See you, space cowboy.

~~~~~~~~~

I am a hunter of peace, chasing the mayfly known as love. -- Vash the Stampede

"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased, and thus do we refute entropy."-- Spider Robinson
http://lon.blogspot.com -- Its a slightly less eloquent me.

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Somnambulist
posted Hide Post
Ive been reading the books again and I reckon I look a bit like Orpheus. I have very similar hair to his at the moment (him when he is about to die).

~ The Somnambulist of the Polar Bear Cartel ~

Posts: 482 | Location: UK | Registered: April 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of turquoize
posted Hide Post
my attitude is quite a lot like Death's, but my overall personality is more like Delirium's. although at times I remind myself of Crowley.

visually....for some reason I'm thinking Door.

I was a lot like Coraline when I was a young'un.

Posts: 22 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Archus dracomagii
Picture of Chomiji
posted Hide Post
Personality-wise, I'm like Del's dog Barnabas (always trying to keep my dear friends out of trouble ... with wisecracks on the side). But I look more like .... Hazel and Lucian's long-lost lovechild. Eek

Ah well. Smile

- Cho

Posts: 2603 | Location: Takoma Park, MD, USA | Registered: June 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keri
posted Hide Post
i would say i'm most like bast. i have a very feline personality as most people have told me. besides, she and dream..well you know...and wouldn't that be great.

Posts: 8 | Location: battle creek, mi usa | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Death lots....but I'm not a happy, cheery kinda gal. I like Destruction--just because he took up writing and drawing (I've been doing both for quite some time)....but he's too nice, too.

And, I think it'd be cool to be Lucian, just because he's the guy who knows everything....but I don't have a penchant for people--even if they do have pointy ears.

So, I'm leaning towards Barnabes or Matthew--because I think dogs are the greatest thing ever, and ravens are very saucy!

Posts: 30 | Location: Ohio, United States | Registered: July 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click.
Picture of ScorpionShard
posted Hide Post
Delirium. I dont know if it's a good thing or a bad one, but just Delirium I guess. [the fire in me'd like to say Lucifer but naaaaaaah Smile]

Posts: 93 | Location: Istanbul | Registered: September 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Forgotten Goddess
posted Hide Post
eve

despair

shadow... yea he's a guy but i still see a resemblance, okay?!?!?!
Roll Eyes

Posts: 276 | Location: Houston, Tx, United States | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Cewl forum! uhm... yes Del, according to most people, though a bit anathema device-ish... Wouldn´t it be nice to know who GMZoe would be? Or did he post allready? And we know Tori´s:
"Neil says I´m more of a Delerium than i am Death, but that´s okay, you know, wear your butterflies with pride ..." (or something to that extent)

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
huh? wha? me?! surprised someone asked specifically about me...
Well, I tend to stay out of this and the cast-the-movie subjects. I don't have the imagination for it.
Having said that, the only Neil character I've dressed up as was the Other Father (and his Other Foot is my avatar). The other posters think I should be Lucien because my library of Neil books I s'pose

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Ah!
but you´re famous! Wink

*Spr-Ink~LEs*

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storyteller
posted Hide Post
I often think I'd resemble Dream the most. We have the same taste in women and ... well... Isn't it every writer's goal to create dreams?

To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.
(Timothy Leary)

Posts: 14 | Location: Ede, Holland | Registered: October 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Destiny.

"You have reached Ritual Sacrifices. For Goats, please press 1, or say 'goats.'"

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Istanbul was never Constantinople. They lied.
Picture of Cyan Dream
posted Hide Post
i've been told i look like thessaly, and i think maybe i'm a bit like her in character, too. except i don't like gore, so i couldn't do the whole nailing-the-head-to-the-wall-etc. bit.

i may not go to heaven - i hope you go to hell! (counting crows)
the silverlining

Posts: 3426 | Location: purgatory, USA. | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Asst. to Dr. Bronners
Picture of Se
posted Hide Post
I think I'm pretty deliriumish!! She's my fav character.

SE

Posts: 1231 | Location: Milan | Registered: September 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
working on his degree in brapping
Picture of Cobalt
posted Hide Post
i think i'm similar in many ways to Tim Hunter from Books of Magic. or i'd like to think that, anyway.

Inactivist of the Radical Status Quo

Posts: 6516 | Location: The Diaspora | Registered: January 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Subliminal ninja
Picture of megsish
posted Hide Post
Oh, I think I'm the dreamcreature who gets turned into a fish. Helpful, cute, but ultimately forgetabble.

... and that's me ....
~breathe~

Posts: 1956 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very similar to Delerium. The first time I read a Sandman comic I was completely distracted from the story because I kept thinking that I had already read a story about Delerium because she seemed so familiar...

Posts: 3 | Location: fairmont west virginia usa | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post