Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    If you were one of Neil's characters...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were one of Neil's characters...
 Login/Join

Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
Equal parts Death and Delerium, with a good chunk of Shadow, and possibly a touch of Lucienne.

happy post Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VegaRiad,

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fairytale52
posted Hide Post
I'd love to be Dream or Death. Even though they are very different, I can be a lot like both. But I would get sick of being an Endless, so I'd really want to be like Door from Neverwhere or Sam from American Gods. I love Sam! Or Septimus, from Stardust. Just because he's the foppish poisoning assassin! But most likely Door or Sam. Big Grin

"Writers are liars my dear, surely you know that by now?" -Neil Gaiman
"Everything is but a dream within a dream" -Edgar Allen Poe

Posts: 72 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
today? today, was death.

but who knows...? tomorrow could always hold delirium. Wink

Confused

Posts: 9 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maladict
posted Hide Post
I'm more like a mixture of lots of his characters, but mostly Tristran, Destruction and a bit of Shadow. I used to be a lot like Dream, but not much anymore.

Posts: 85 | Location: Sweden | Registered: March 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
mmh, physically, Una maybe.
But I'd like to be like Door.

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of te kore
posted Hide Post
Foxglove for me. As for who I would want to be... Death of course. who wouldnt?

--------------------------------------
that girl has wings like the demi-fey
http://www.mollyangst.com

Posts: 17 | Location: obscure little midwest town | Registered: August 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was one of Neil Gaiman's characters once...or at least one of his characters was me.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be like Destruction, with his bad art skills, and his passion for life. Big Grin

The way is this way, no that way way, oh how the hell should I know, ask some-one that works here.....

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very much like Barbie but I would like to be more like Death with her fine sense of balance.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Circus Freak
posted Hide Post
I'd say I'm mostly like Shadow. Large, quiet, violent if necessary, and not very lucky with the opposite gender. That's me to a tee.

------------------------------

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

...O lost, and by the wind grieved, ghost, come back again...

Posts: 31 | Location: The Court of the Crimson Eye'd King... | Registered: November 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't look like him at all but I would be Dream without question.

Posts: 257 | Registered: November 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She gathers rain
Picture of Someone's Cocaine
posted Hide Post
I think...a wee bit like Door, the cat/girl in Stardust, and maybe the girl in American Gods (geez, why can't I remember her name!)

----------------
hummingbird, just let me die

Posts: 460 | Location: back home in New York | Registered: August 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm so pleased that this thread still lives. I think it's interesting- we seem to have a lot of Doors. She was a very cool character.

I'd also like to welcome all the new posters, very belatedly in some cases. If you wander over to the World's End section, you'll find a lot more action.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Istanbul was never Constantinople. They lied.
Picture of Cyan Dream
posted Hide Post
(already answered this before, but this is an update):

i think i feel like i relate to john constantine the most - i don't know if i actually do or not, though, because the only thing i'm going off of is his appearance in sandman.

i look up to hob gadling most, though. i don't know f i'd want to be him, but i respect him a lot.

inagreyplace + colour theory.

Posts: 3426 | Location: purgatory, USA. | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What fruit bat?
Picture of jak
posted Hide Post
i think i'd be anathema device, with an option on nuala.

impressions

Posts: 2584 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd probably be Delirium. She's crazy and wonderful and innocent without knowing.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In looks, and dress, I'm a lot like Death. Or, so my little brother and friends have pointed out. They could be trying to get on my good side.

In attitude, I'm a lot like Sam. Same vague sarcasm, loyalty, and just general ability to believe anything.
And a bit like Death, to my friends.

I'd LIKE to be more like Death. I admire her, in a lot of ways.

ue.negamii.com

Posts: 13 | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crossbow1
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I look most like Death; I wear ankhs all the time, and when I need to concentrate on my posture I pretend I have huge wings, and when I used to wear makeup I did Egyptian-type eyeliner like she does. (No, I wasn't Goth. This was before there was such a thing as Goth.) But I sure don't have her perky personality of her empathy.

Personality-wise, I'm most like Desire, because s/he is so cynical.

But the character I related most to was the narrator in the story about the cat protecting his house from the Devil. Don't think he had a name.

Tara: "It's nice to see you believe in god."
Alan: "Well, it's the law in this country now, isn't it?"

Posts: 60 | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than a few people have told me I reminded them of the star from Stardust. For Halloween I was Death a couple years ago, and I must say I was an exact replica, but personality-wise, I think I have to agree with my buds. I'm a lot like that tempermental softie.

- Theomanic

Posts: 4 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cheeky Wee Bisom
posted Hide Post
I'm like Delirium, except for that I actually understand the consequences of my actions. So really, I often act like Delirium, and I have the same ability to keep myself amused. The rest of me is every bit as matter-of-fact as Anathema Device, though I do have Aziraphale's tendency to freak out.

"They afterwards took me to a dancing saloon where I saw the only rational method of art criticism I have ever come across. Over the piano was printed a notice- 'Please do not shoot the pianist. He is doing his best.'"
-Oscar Wilde

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post