Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Thoughts About Neil    If you were one of Neil's characters...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were one of Neil's characters...
 Login/Join

Picture of Aiobhell
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm... I'd love to be seen as Charlotte from "Looking for the Girl". Or the Black Cat from "The Price".

Posts: 13 | Location: Gotham | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BadAngel
posted Hide Post
Yea, i'd say Yvaine, or Charlotte from "Looking for the Girl."

Yvaine for her nice female personality features, and Charlotte because she stays in men's mind for years just because of her beauty & sex appeal.

"If music be the food of love, play on. Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting..." - W.S.

Posts: 6 | Location: Miami | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't look anywhere near Dream, but I wouldn't mind having his job. I do have a tendency to be moody and mope, particularly over women, but I'm a hell of a lot more cheerful than he is. And I promise that I will not make it rain for weeks over a break-up. I'll just have Armaggedon for a day. After that, everything'll be fine. Really.

"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due." -Hob Gadling-

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Number One Choice: Aziraphale. I love books, I collect books, I eat, sleep, and breathe books. And personality-wise, I waver between being the unbelievably nice sort of person whose 'let's try and think the best of everyone'-ness makes you want to spork your eyes out, and being a bastard.

I'm also a bit of Helena from Mirrormask-- I draw (a lot), and yes, put on puppet shows to entertain myself. Thus far, however, my fantasy worlds have remained strictly inside my head. I have yet to be transported into any of them. *sigh*

And lastly, a little bit Death. At least, when I get gothed-up-- my aesthetic is more romantic and old-fashioned, but tossed into a blender with some fishnet, interesting hats and jewelry, and a beloved umbrella. Of course, Death doesn't have red hair, but other than that...

SomeCakeOrOther is gayer than a treeful of monkeys on nitrous oxide, thankyouverymuch.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Nightmare Queen
posted Hide Post
With my hair long, I probably look a lot like Thessaly. :P
I tend to act a bit like Delirium at times (yes, i'm uber weird), and at my worst I can be a bit moopy and cold like Dream. And like him I have few I can call Friends (in the true sense anyways).
But I'm really a nice person.
Really. Razz

Without fear...

Posts: 22 | Location: Behind you. | Registered: October 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Happy
posted Hide Post
I´d like to be the Amadan (before he dies, at least I think he died) but I most resemble Tim Hunter (cos he´s really a bit slow, never quite understand things nearly as good as he thinks he does. And he thinks he is destined to become something great and he both can´t wait for it to happen, and wants to be just plain normal and have nothing to do with the not normal).

"Happy, happy happy all the time
Schock treatment I´m doing fine"

Posts: 53 | Location: at home | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I were forced to be a character in a Gaiman book, I would probably most resemble the witch-queen in my selfishness and personification of the term "reprobate." I'm not an evil person, nor have I done anything which I think merits any kind of horrible punishment. But, I can truly empathize with the witch-queen's statement: "If you ever get to be my age...you will know all there is to know about regrets, and you will know that one more, here or there, will make no difference in the long run." I really hope this statement makes it into the movie version; I think it is essential. Also, I wonder how the ghost heirs of Stormhold will be portrayed. Good or bad, it will be interesting to see.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is clearly NOT a knocker
Picture of one day I'm gonna grow wings
posted Hide Post
i'd love to be Hunter from Neverwhere (minus the deception and lying!) coz she's great-very driven, very strong, very sexy...
but i'm probably more like Door. I have the same coloured hair, but mine is longer. And i act more like here.

Posts: 272 | Location: just this side of nowhere | Registered: November 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Korinthian
posted Hide Post
This is only a test...

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I were to be one of Neil's characters I would chose Lucifer. Coincidentally, I look the most like him too. I mean that is saying that I look like the most perfect of all the angels, but hey why not?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jess Angell
posted Hide Post
Past-
Delirium.
Chaotic, honest, misunderstood., silly on all accounts.

Present-
Rose Walker.
A big dreamer, a collector, an anassuming trouble maker with a lot of strong females in her family, a traveler, at times heartless but still full of care.

Barbie (post-Divorce)/Princess Barbara.
Trying to piece together fantasy and reality while being genuine and loyal to both... plus I like to paint on my face when feeling overly emotional. Smile

Future-
Mrs. Whittaker
The little old lady who owns The Sangrail, via healthy respect for normalcy and routine. I hope I can always give lunches to traveling strangers - whether or not I think they're rude.

Posts: 3 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of glassheart
posted Hide Post
A Fat Death in looks... ( Yeah drifting towards Despair)
I used to be alot like her in looks -Sang in a Rock band - had the Black Hair & Clothes.. Dressed as her for Halloween and had people freak out...for a while in Art school I looked more like Desire.
However, In personality "Dog" from Good Omens. Every new Title I take on has permanently altered my personality.
"Mom"....was a big one - I was voted least likely to have children in my class and yet I seem to have become a good one. My house is always full of children and I sometimes look around in shock Wha? This aint right!...I wonder if Dog ever felt like there was something wrong with his destiny?

my daughter is by the way EXACTLY like Death in personality and in looks She is the most cheerful goth I have ever known

Posts: 8 | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Crowmaster
posted Hide Post
i reckon i've been like morpheus a bit in the past, like if i didn't do things the way i should everything would fall to shit..
but recently i've realised i can change and even be wrong sometimes...
does that make me daniel now?
he aint gaiman's but my friends say i'm like john constantine... i say they're lucky to be alive if thats true Wink

Posts: 97 | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cira
posted Hide Post
Yvaine froms Stardust.

one word - stubborn Smile

---
and me i am your dagger

Posts: 9 | Registered: December 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maffy
posted Hide Post
Number one choice: MArquis of Carabas. I think he's really cool in a twisted sort of way.
Number two: Shadow. He seems soft and gentle but can also be the exact oppoiste. HE's kind of unpredictable too.
NUmber three: HArlequin. I wish I could play and do the things he did. Only thing is that I can't give my heart to anyone, else I'm not gonna be HArlequin anymore. Wink

Posts: 16 | Location: Quezon City, Philippines | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks. That's an easy one. Desire. I'm male, with feminine facial features, long hair and for some reason, no Adams apple. Whenever I walk past children I can usually hear then asking "is that a boy or a girl." When they make a Sandman series, I am going to get the part of Desire.

Personality. Well I'm quiet like dream, but when I actually do speak, I'm Deathish. I think I have a touch of Delirium in me because I have no clue about directions, time or the outside world. I measure distance in "if I go to the nice DVD shop then I just have to walk down and away to get to the nice comic shop." Yeah, everyone trusts me with a map.

I guess the fact that to describe myself I had to use four of the Endless is kinda a Del type thing to do. Sigh...Whatever.

Posts: 3 | Location: Inside The Matrix with Codename V | Registered: January 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Black Wings
posted Hide Post
I wish I was more like Shadow. Quiet, cool, wise beyond his years. I guess I am a little like him, personality-wise. But it depends who's in the room.

I look most like Duma and Remiel.

----------------------------------

Black Wings loves all of you, even though many of you are new since he vanished for a year.

Boundless love for all!

Posts: 614 | Location: London, England | Registered: February 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the firebreather beneath the clover
Picture of fawn
posted Hide Post
kind of a female richard mayhew mixed with Coraline and a little of Morpheus's mope....

"Even mollusks have weddings, though solemn and leaden
But you dirge for the dead, take no jam on your bread
Just a supper of salt and a waltz through your empty bed"---Joanna Newsom

Posts: 171 | Location: San Clemente, Ca | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Baron
posted Hide Post
My personality swings in a wide orbit between lesser degrees of Crowley, Mayhew, and Dream. I know it's self -centered to picture myself an Endless, but I really have a penchant for witticisms.

As of right now, I feel a bit like Famine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit" - Everything changes, nothing is lost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'
"Virescit vulnere virtus" - Courage Grows Strong at a Wound

Posts: 13 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Typically, being Asian, I never resemble any characters. It leaves me feeling pretty left out of the whole world of fantasy. Except for Cho Chang from Harry Potter.

Posts: 3 | Location: My living room | Registered: October 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post