Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  The Graveyard Book    Jungle Book/Graveyard Book Parallels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jungle Book/Graveyard Book Parallels
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,

I have a question to ask anyone who might be interested in offering their thoughts on....I'm currently looking into the parallels between the Jungle Book/The Graveyard Book (also including the disney version of 'The Jungle Book'), and looking at them all in terms of how they treat the subject of 'otherness.' I was just wondering if anyone had any favourite parallels between Jungle Book/Graveyard Book, or any discrepancies between the two which they found particularly interesting? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this!

xx

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my student write an essay explaining The Law of the Jungle in Kipling so they could compare it to The Freedom of the Graveyard in TGB. I did not think to write about "otherness" in the two stories, although that is obviously a shared theme. In college, I wrote something along those lines using George Eliot's Middlemarch as the subject matter. I hope your paper proposed some interesting ideas.

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post