Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted
http://www.mousecircus.com/

enjoy!

i'm going to Big Grin

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH! He's going to be in Santa Monica?! I better get my copy of The Graveyard Book by monday afternoon or I'm going to be po'ed!

I WILL BE THERE BOOK OR NO BOOK, HOWEVER!

Oh, yeah. Will he be signing books at these readings? Do you know?

Posts: 5 | Location: Fontana, California USA | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
No signings. I do believe all the books to purchase at the readings are pre-signed (they were in Chicago). The signings wear him out, so they're working a format to have him read an entire chapter (40+ minutes worth of Neil reading - delicious) and then Q&A, which for us was another 40 minutes of Neil and answers and anecdotes. Technology permitting, you might also get to see the Coraline trailer, and maybe even select scenes from the movie (that might have been 10 minutes worth of stuff?). Not to mention he's got a broke finger, so no, no signing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
No signings. I do believe all the books to purchase at the readings are pre-signed (they were in Chicago). The signings wear him out, so they're working a format to have him read an entire chapter (40+ minutes worth of Neil reading - delicious) and then Q&A, which for us was another 40 minutes of Neil and answers and anecdotes. Technology permitting, you might also get to see the Coraline trailer, and maybe even select scenes from the movie (that might have been 10 minutes worth of stuff?). Not to mention he's got a broke finger, so no, no signing.

Gyarh! Frown

Posts: 5 | Location: Fontana, California USA | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Bu-bu-but it's Neil, reading, lots, and talking, lots! It's like a concert of Neil! A glorious 90 - 120 minute concert! I much prefer this over the 60-90 seconds you get to say hi to him while he signs your book. But then, I've seen him a few times, so maybe my perspective's changed a bit over the years. Still, can't beat 90+ minutes of listening to Neil reading one of his own works and Neil being Neil while he answers the questions that fans really want to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I went to the Anderson presentation; was anyone else there? I was the one in the stunning red evening gown and black pillbox hat!

Not mother?

Posts: 86 | Registered: November 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Freeman
posted Hide Post
Is there anyway to download these absolutely amazing tour videos, to put on a video MP3 player?

I'm considering buying the audio book as well, so I can hear it any time after finishing reading. Big Grin

_____

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

Posts: 334 | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Ooooooh, I don't want to hear it now! I want to read it myself, on my own, the best way to enjoy a new Neil Gaiman book! I heard the first chapter read at Orbital, and read the fourth chapter in M is for Magic but still want some surprises!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sukikins
posted Hide Post
I got a chance to see him in San Francisco last Sunday. It was the first time I had seen him do a reading and it really was amazing.

He read Chapter 6 : Nobody Owen's School Days

I do hope an audio book is offered. I would love to hear him reading the whole book through my headphones.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
I was in Santa Monica and it broke my heart when he slammed the book shut mid chapter! Great book though. Got it on monday finished it thursday night.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Was it Chapter 7, Eldi? He said that he'd be breaking up Chapter 7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Picture of Jools
posted Hide Post
Neil mentioned "Those of you who made it to one of The Graveyard Book readings might have heard, after the lovely Bela Fleck Danse Macabre, "Vincent Price" introducing the evening.
(Brady and I actually recut the intro in Chicago, because in New York and Philadelphia we realised that lines were being lost because people were laughing over them, so went in and added time for people to laugh.)"

...Being unfortunately in Australia, I've only seen the videos of the tour, and don't recall any introduction in those...can anyone who went to a reading give me details of the amusing thing that was said? :-)

Posts: 181 | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
If he is doing the whole tour again in the UK, is he reading chapters again do you think? And, what chapter will London be?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RubyWine
posted Hide Post
I think that Neil wont be reading anything at all, at least not in London. I've read it somewhere on his blog. He will do a signing instead!

-----------
It takes a graveyard to raise a child. - Neil Gaiman

Posts: 11 | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the Manchester event yesterday and it was fantastic - and a signing at the end to boot!

Great Q&A session too, really interesting.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Neil for signing my copy of Neverwhere... I couldn't lose my place in the queue to bag a copy of The Graveyard Book on the night as I had a train to catch! So it was very generous to sign something else - not all authors would do that.

But I do have the rather fine looking special edition slip covered copy of The Graveyard Book on order from Waterstones, yaay! Smile

Alison

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note to say how much me and my son enjoyed last nights reading in Manchester. It's a shame the event was a tad curtailed although the half chapter that Neil read happened to be my son's favourite. He was delighted to actually meet a real writer! He was the beaming lad early on in the queue who asked whether Croup and Vandemar would ever come back by the way Neil if you're reading this...
Many thanks again for the event and your unfailing good humour!

Posts: 9 | Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, UK | Registered: November 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board Tapes and Ail_L

I'm afraid Neil doesn't read the board, if you'd like to send your appreciation directly to him you can do so via his faq that this link takes you to.

feel free to pop over to the social side of the board at The Worlds End and meet some more of his fans...and a couple of people who randomly popped by and decided to stay Big Grin

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do, thanks Smaug.

Ali

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, my name is Moira. Is there anything you can sign up for that will send you a list of appearances or tour dates in advance? I just found out the other day Mr. Gaiman in going to be in New York tonight and of course, tickets are sold out. Major bummer.
Is there an e-mail list I get sign up for?

Posts: 2 | Location: Long Island, NY  | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
hi Moira

welcome to the board, and I don't know of anything you can sign up for for that, all i do is keep an eye on his blog and if he can he'll let you know where he's going to be when.

there's also this, where's neil, but i don't know how often it is updated.

goodluck in catching him on future talks!

Neil doesn't read the blogs, but if you want to send him your suggestion via his faq perhaps its something his publishing company or assistant can consider in the future (if enough people request it).

~

CHIKKINZ?