Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  The Graveyard Book    Graveyard Book Spook Alley
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graveyard Book Spook Alley
 Login/Join

Picture of bookbunnii
posted
Hello!

I am an employee and student at a public library. My library participates in the Young Reader's Choice Awards and the Graveyard Book is a 2011 nominee. To introduce this title to our library users, I created a family-friendly spook alley during Halloween weekend (Oct. 29th & 30th). The "Graveyard Walk," based on the Graveyard Book, was located within our story time room. "Tour Guides" led visitors through five areas that introduced participants to some of the characters and important events in the book. We had quite a few visitors to the graveyard, many of whom had come in to the library specifically for this program. The graveyard was continuously reviewed as "awesome" and "fun" by our younger visitors.

You can take a video tour of the graveyard at:

Graveyard Walk Video Tour

I hope you enjoy it. I had a great time creating this program! Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post