How many Jacks?
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Manu:
quote:
\because hotlinking is not allowed on the neilgaiman message board, i've replaced the hotlink with a hyperlink.

Wassa 'hotlink'?
Sorry, I didn't realise putting pictures in was bad? Frown

hotlinking, as explained in the faq I linked you (when a word is underlined it's often a link to another page) to is linking to pictures from other peoples websites, it is bad because it uses up their bandwidth. Frown

as explained in the faq what you need to do is download the pic, upload it into a picture hosting site e.g. photobucket or flickr and *then* link to it, this is not bad. Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Freeman:
Jack Johnson

hey... thassa real person! American boxer! first black heavyweight champion of the world!

shame shame....Razz

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Freeman:
Jack Johnson

hey... thassa real person! American boxer! first black heavyweight champion of the world!

shame shame....Razz

I made about 3 no-no's in that post. :/

Jack Torrence is the antagonist of The Shining, Jack Johnson a singer (disqualified for existing), and Jack Cox is the son of Dr. Cox, from Scrubs. Smile

*continues to sit out*

_____

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

Posts: 334 | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jools
posted Hide Post
Aww, there there. Have a shiny bauble to play with while you wait... *hands Alex a pretty Venetian glass decoration*

I nominate Jack Frost- but not the one who draws pretty fernleaf patterns on windows, nor the one from Mr. Gaiman's book...this one is the detective from the British series 'A Touch of Frost', portrayed by David Jason Smile

Posts: 181 | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jools
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
hotlinking, as explained in the faq I linked you (when a word is underlined it's often a link to another page)

Ah, I saw it, and didn't think to click- sorry...

quote:
to is linking to pictures from other peoples websites, it is bad because it uses up their bandwidth. Frown

as explained in the faq what you need to do is download the pic, upload it into a picture hosting site e.g. photobucket or flickr and *then* link to it, this is not bad. Smile

Oh, okay, sorry! So easy to do.... Razz
but, shan't do it again. Especially since I now have -100 Karma points! *bursts into little-girl tears*

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
since you're still a newbie and this was your first offence, i've let you off with the karma points deduction, if there's a next time however....

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
we have karma points deductions? really?? man, things change when I'm away...

and to remain on topic, I don't think I've seen anyone else has yet mentioned Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China Cool

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jools
posted Hide Post
Mm, long time no postee here- good onya for getting it started again, Alinda! Smile

I think I has run out of Jacks for now...

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings:
we have karma points deductions? really?? man, things change when I'm away...

and to remain on topic, I don't think I've seen anyone else has yet mentioned Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China Cool

oh pwhththt, that happened whilst you were here, you just never hotlinked when the rules were changed, so it didn't effect you Razz

and i can't remember, but have we had Jack of All Trades?

~

CHIKKINZ?

Picture of Jools
posted Hide Post
Yup, page one- I posted Jack of All Trades (Master of None) Smile

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
bah!

erm....

erm...

bah!

~

CHIKKINZ?

Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Jack Ass.

Or maybe that's a little too realistic a Jack.

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Admiral Hasa
posted Hide Post
Jack The Ripper

---------------
Bah! Humbug!

Posts: 1056 | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Admiral Hasa
posted Hide Post
Jack Pepsi

---------------
Bah! Humbug!

Wigber
Picture of Admiral Hasa
posted Hide Post
Spring Heeled Jack

---------------
Bah! Humbug!

posted Hide Post
Jacka**

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Already done nehemiahtrot Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Mythos:
Jack Ass.

Or maybe that's a little too realistic a Jack.

~

CHIKKINZ?

has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
Jack...Daniels?

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Admiral Hasa
posted Hide Post
Jack The Lad

---------------
Bah! Humbug!

needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
Jack Murdock!

(daredevil's father, for the non-comics-geek boardies)

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post