Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  The Graveyard Book    who is your favorite character?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who is your favorite character?
 Login/Join

Picture of Ebony
posted
Who is your favorite character?

My favorite is Silas, I totally love him Big Grin I want him as my guardian too Smile.
Scarlett is my second favorite, she is reminding me of myself when I was a younger (I'm 20 now, but I can still count as young, right? Roll Eyes)

"If man were immortal he could be perfectly sure of seeing the day when everything in which he had trusted should betray his trust, and, in short, of coming eventually to hopeless misery. He would break down, at last, as every good fortune, as every dynasty, as every civilization does. In place of this we have death."

Posts: 1 | Location: Norway, Bergen | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I quite enjoyed the trio of ghouls, Lord Mayor, Fitzhugh and the Bishop, as well as their fellow, the Emperor of China, the 33rd President and the famous Victor Hugo.

Though I'm sure that the ghouls stole their names in the same way they robbed the bodies of the dead, it was equally amusing to think that the celebrated and powerful people of the world were destined to become horrific, shrunken undead cannibals after death but still possessed by their own sense of narcissistic self-importance.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Joro
posted Hide Post
I loved the Lady on the Grey. I can't really explain why I love her so much, but she's probably the one who made the most impact on me. I love the way Neil Gaiman portrays Death on his stories.

-----------------------------
An aspiring writer with a love for fantasy.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of marmota-b
posted Hide Post
Silas. Lady on the Grey. Liza Hempstock. Bod himself.

Maybe not particularly in that order, but Silas was surely my favourite. I cried when he and Bod said their goodbyes... it was such a beautiful short conversation, filled with emotions.

----------------------------------
There is Robinson, alone on a deserted island; but they will marry.

Posts: 180 | Location: alternating between Bohemia and Moravia | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess my favorite character is Silas because he is the one who helps Bod with his education. And he pretty much knows a lot about living than any of the gohsts. He's really smart! Wink

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved Liza Hempstock and her quiet watchfulness over Bod. There are some minor characters for whom I had great affection: Mother Slaughter, Mo Quilling, Abanazar Bolger, Caius Pompeius. I hope there will be a sequel and we'll be able to see the dark side of some of the characters we don't yet suspect. . . .

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not finished the book yet (I'm about halfway through) but I love Liza Hempstock too.

I've just rediscovered Neil Gaiman and was reading The Graveyard Book on the train home yesterday. I live on an end-of-the-line station, where the trains just shuttle back and forth between my station and London (where I work). Anyway, last night I was so engrossed in the book that I didn't notice when the train stopped at my station, let everyone off and on, then pulled out and started going back to London. I was about 20 minutes into the return journey before I realised what was going on and had to leap off the train at the next stop!

I've re-read Good Omens and Neverwhere, I'm reading The Graveyard Book now and I have Coraline and American Gods lined up on my nightable waiting for me to get to them. Happy days!

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silas, and Bod himself. I also liked Miss Lupescu, especially when they were in the ghoul world. And I really liked Liza as well Smile

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my favorite character was Liza!!! i really enjoyed the fact that she was a bit mean but in the end truly cared about Nobody Owens. i liked that they shared a kiss at the end and Nobody didn't quite know was to do since he had never been kissed before :-)

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post