Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Perfect Ending
 Login/Join

posted
I think the aspect of reading The Graveyard Book that took me most by surprise is that I did not feel sad or wistful at the end, which is my normal reaction when closing the final leaf page on characters I have come to care about so much. I believe that the acceptance of change that all of the Graveyard took in such good spirit - oh, dear - from Silas and Mr. and Mrs. Owens, to Liza and Bod himself, is why I was able to accept the end of my pleasure in reading it so much.
And hats off to illustrator Dave McKean, as well. It was a perfect marriage of visual and writing styles.
I'm so thankful for Neil Gaiman. I have not found him before now and this book really gave me a wonderful journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree, it was a brilliant ending, the whole book was brilliant I really enjoyed it. When I finished the book I just felt so contented.

Neverwhere is the next read, can it get any better???

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of opeth
posted Hide Post
I loved the ending. The book was brilliant. One of my favorite books of all time.

Posts: 33 | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Louise Curtis
posted Hide Post
I've reviewed the book (and many other YA books) as a feature on the blog of my two-month twitter tale:
http://twittertales.wordpress.com

If you enjoy my work half as much as Neil's you'll want to follow my pirate tale through twitter, here:
http://twitter.com/Louise_Curtis_

Posts: 1 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was just as good as The Jungle Book and the best parts of the Harry Potter series.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cori,

#Fear_the_Sleer

Posts: 16 | Registered: January 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post