Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  The Graveyard Book    Brought a grown man to tears
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brought a grown man to tears
 Login/Join

posted
A 55 year old man on a plane returning from a business trip to Miami struggled to hide the tears that welled up as Bod left the graveyard and entered the world. I won't say that was me.... but I won't deny it either.

Thank you Mr. Gaiman for a fine and moving book.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board Mr Wolf.

Unfortunalty, Neilhimself doesn't read the board, if you'd like the message to reach him, please repost it here

Your message did bring a smile to my face though. Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of marmota-b
posted Hide Post
And a 21-year-old student reacted the same way, even though it was in her own room, if she remembers correctly...

----------------------------------
There is Robinson, alone on a deserted island; but they will marry.

Posts: 180 | Location: alternating between Bohemia and Moravia | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A twelve-year-old girl cried openly in her bedroom while finishing the book. I wish he hadn't lost his powers... or was it the Freedom of the Graveyard he lost? I'm not sure which...

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shenron
posted Hide Post
Wow, Powerful. I might have to pick this one up as well. I have been trying to catch up on my Neil.

Off to bed. If squirrels take over in the night, I, for one, welcome our new bushy-tailed scampering overlords, & I know where the nuts are.
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 2 | Location: 50 miles from Nowhere | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post