Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  The Graveyard Book    What is Silas? ***spoilers***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is Silas? ***spoilers***
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I just read the book, and I guess I was hoping Silas was not a vampire despite all the references...but apparently he must be to match the werewolf and mummy, etc...

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
Why did you want him to not be one?

Mutant of the Freakness

Posts: 125 | Location: Maine USA | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the book, however, the one section I liked least is the part when Silas and friends are away fighting the Jacks. I like the idea, but for some reason it came across as a Scooby-doo moment for me. Sort of when a cartoon switches scenes and we suddenly see Scooby and Shaggy in a harrowing moment confronting a vampire, werewolf and mummy. I guess the best way to put it is that I wanted Silas to be non-cliche.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
I think maybe Neil was having some winky campy fun with that.

Mutant of the Freakness

Posts: 125 | Location: Maine USA | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of catt
posted Hide Post
SmileI just popped by to say hello to all as new here. and i follow neil on twitter. As much as i can do.

catt

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
Hi. Neat picture.

Mutant of the Freakness

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
I like the idea that there will be kids reading it who maybe won't recognize the clues and only years later will they realize that Bod's protector was a vampire.

Well, here's one kid who realized Smile I'm twelve, and I just borrowed this book from the library. I must say that this is one of the best books I've read, and I pretty much thought that he was a vampire pretty early on in the book, because it said he was niether living nor dead, and he had powers that Bod wouldn't be able to learn.

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
Yeah; I just figured that was maybe a red herring. Anyways, welcome to Gaimanland. Enjoy.

Mutant of the Freakness