Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast the movie
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Miss Lupescu- Emma Thompson, Toni Collete(I've been watching United States of Tara which is hilarious and may have convinced me she can act in just about anything)
Jack- Tommy Flanagan, Geoffrey Rush
Silas- Nick Nolte..eh maybe to old..Ralph Fiennes (well he did Harry Potter, why not).
Bod- Josh Hutcherson and I like the idea of Freddie Highmore (though in reality, I don't know many young male actors and who knows- the perfect Bod could be out there unknown).

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freddie Highmore is adorable, but he's in everything. I think they need to find excellent unknowns to portray Bod. I mean, it seems silly to have a character who's claim to fame is being "nobody but himself," and then be all "scratch that, nobody but Freddie Highmore!"

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys, please vote for Neil on twitterwall so he can get in the top 20 at least. You can vote every 20 minutes. He's on the first page, please vote!!
http://tweeterwall.mallplace.com/tw/usa/mr-twitter

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
I see someone beat me to the punch, but I too would have suggested Emma Thompson as Miss Lupescru.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How 'bout Roger Rees for Silas? I think he could pull off the combination of general lack of affect in Silas' borderland existence, tension about his secret line of work, and affection for Bod. Silas is supposed to be ageless - Rees is a mature man but has boyish qualities.

But maybe they will need a Romanian actor, not British.

Posts: 15 | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:
Freddie Highmore as Bod? I love that kid.

Yeah, he's cute! And I think Cameron Bright for an older Bod Smile

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Clive Owen will have to play the man Jack. He's one of the few British actors who isn't already closely associated with a Harry Potter character. His name is also perfect for someone who repeatedly goes after Bod Owens with a knife - cleave Owens? Get it?

Here's an idea, though: What if Clive Owen plays both the man Jack AND Silas? The only scene where they are together is in the first chapter in the graveyard, right? So they could get through that with minimal special effects. I think Gaiman is still playing in TGB with the doppelganger ideas he explored in Anansi Boys, and I think the man Jack and Silas may be a pair.

For Eliza Hempstock, I nominate Carey Mulligan. She is much prettier than Eliza is supposed to be, but movies always cast prettier people than the book expects.

And maybe Miriam Margolyes for Mrs. Owens. She was the herbology teacher in Harry Potter, but I think she could bring out the new character without too much overlap.

Posts: 15 | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nobody's Friend: Ady
posted Hide Post
Im trying to catch up with everything u guys said and well.. anyone wants to make it a small summary?? Also i believe the Director sould be once again Tim Burton. i dont relly know if it should me animaded or people acting

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
"once again Tim Burton" (yeah sorry, i haven't figured out how to do the quote things yet)

but to my knowledge Tim Burton has NEVER directed a Neil Gaiman based movie.

and Neil Jordan is by far one of the best (and...at least here in Canada...underrated) directors alive

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by insidethewhiteroom:
"once again Tim Burton" (yeah sorry, i haven't figured out how to do the quote things yet)

welcome to the boardinsidethewhiteroom

to quote, instead of hitting the 'reply' button at the bottom of each post there is a yellow folder with " next to it.

that's the reply with quotes part.

you can also type [QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE] (without the spaces) around items you wish to quote - and in the reply box there is a button that states "..." that will give you that to type into, if for example you are quoting items not off the board.

and you are right, burton has never directed, but he keeps getting recognition because of henry selick worked with him on nightmare before christmas.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20553 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
to quote, instead of hitting the 'reply' button at the bottom of each post there is a yellow folder with " next to it.

just testing that now, let's hope it works
and thank you Smaug

but yes, for the selick thing, i kind of figured that, but i wasnt exactly sure that i hadnt missed something over the years

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mind you, now that I think of it, I don't think Neil Jordan has ever done a movie geared towards a younger audience...can anyone think of one?

mind you We're No Angels was one of my favourite movies when I was young

Recovering catnip addict, (yahr)
Picture of pkitty
posted Hide Post
Hullo folks!

Royko- wasn't Stephen Rea a vampire in "Interview with a Vampire"?

I'm including non-Brits (if they can have Michelle Pffieffer and Robert DeNiro in "Stardust", what the heck) and no Potter people:

Silas - Guy Pierce (low budget) or Christian Bale (big budget)

Miss Lupescu- Gillian Anderson (in a dark wig), Rose Byrne

Liza-Franke Potente

Jack- Paul Bettany, Ben Kingsley, Ian McShane

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun...

Illusions on celluloid

My new website!

Posts: 2546 | Location: LaLa Land, USA | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
The Man Jack - it'd have to be quite a few somewhat similar looking men, wouldn't it? I don't really know who to suggest there.

Silas - I like the Christian Bale suggestion. What about Crispin Glover, though? Tall, thin, dark. I think he'd do well.

Bod - Unknown child actor. In the vein of Shyamalan finding the kid to play Aang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is not happy people who are thankful, but thankful people who are happy!
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2511 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guy Henry (currently playing Hanssen in Holby City) for Silas, please! You don't get much taller, thinner and dryer than that!

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so is this in movie limbo now? according to imdb (which i know is never that reliable) neil jordan is no longer slated to direct it (its no longer listed on his page) and it's not even listed on neil gaimsn's page

has anyone heard anything? perhaps in a blog of Neil G's that I missed or something like that

posted Hide Post
Viggo Mortensen for Silas. Christopher Walken for the man Jack!

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I still think Richard E Grant should be Silas (I thought so four years ago, and I still think so!)

And now Ron Howard may direct it. Who does he work with?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2649 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see Christopher Heyerdahl as Silas and Miriam Margolye as Miss Lupescu

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post