Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can i order...
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, new here...i've been a huge fan of neil's for a long time now and as of late i have convinced my school book group to read the graveyard book. My librarian said she would be happy to order the 10-15 copies we need if she could find them in paperback...well, i cant seem to find any that are not hardcover. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the Graveyard Book is still only in Hardcover. (Amazon lists an 'international edition' in paperback, but it is not widely available, hard to get 10-15 copies of, and not going to be cheaper than the hardcover) There is a paperback edition in Britain, but the cost of shipping it over may outweigh any price break compared to the hardcover

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aw well thats dissapointing...thanks anyway though! Hopefully i can get them to switch to neverwhere...

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Of course, if you don't mind listening to the story, Neil read the entire book live and put it on his website for free...

http://www.neilgaiman.com/p/Co..._Graveyard_Book_Tour

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Unless this is a specific reading task, i'd highly recommend the link GMZoe has posted.

Listening to Neil read his own book was a great pleasure for me.

This also adds the dimension that it could be used in discussions about voices/accents, and even science discussions of using the face to display emotion!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
jls, I sent you a Private Message regarding this...

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post