Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Has anyone read Kate Griffin?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone read Kate Griffin?
 Login/Join

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted
Her books about London mage Matthew Swift are full of awesome ideas of modern, urban magic. I find her books to scratch the same itch as Neverwhere, only better.

Any thoughts?

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
never heard of her. will have to look into it. thanks noodle

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
ditto to library lady - I need something new to read!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
We got those a while ago, because you recommended them, Noodles! I didn't get into them (got halfway through the first book, then skimmed to the end), but Chris really likes them. I'll have to give them another shot, I might just not have been in the mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Ha, Jocelyin!
I just started this thread because she has a new book out (Minority Council).

Maeve and Library Lady, it's best to start with A Madness of Angels.

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Not out yet in the States - I think it's out June 23rd.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
It's not quite as enthralling as the previous one, I thought, but has its moments.

__

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Madness of angels picked up as a kindle daily deal... I love kindle daily deals!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I never did finish the Midnight Mayor series, but I picked up her new Urban Shaman series and I'm really liking it. It's pretty funny.

Has anyone else checked out her second series?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post