Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    What in the Part 4 are you reading now?!
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What in the Part 4 are you reading now?!
 Login/Join

Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
this is where kindles et al come into it isn't it Razz

Yes, exactly Smile I went from reading all 900+ pages of Cryptonomicon to reading my Kindle and immediately realized the fact Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Geek Nation: How Indian Science is taking over the world by Angela Saini

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
*Caves into peer pressure and begins reading George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones.

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mythos:
*Caves into peer pressure and begins reading George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones.

Welcome to the madness lad! Read slowly, I'm guessing there's about four years to wait for the next book!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
I've finished my library book marathon just in time for the due date! I didn't complete all the books. Here are the ones that I read cover to cover:

Room by Emma Donaghue- A. MAZEBALLS.

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale- Just lovely.

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver- Absolutely loved every moment of it. It broke my heart for the most part.

The rest of them were given a fair shot, but they just didn't pull me in, so they will have to go back on the shelf and wait for someone else to be captivated by them.

Now to figure out my next library plunder...

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I just finished "The Map of Time" by Felix J Palma. I enjoyed it so much I had to hop on here and share. It is just your bacis time travel novel set in Victorian London, but I thought it was very well writen.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Anno Dracula by Kim Newman

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaura:
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver- Absolutely loved every moment of it. It broke my heart for the most part.

Hurrah... So our recomendations worked!

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
The Name of The Wind.

It's every bit as good as everyone say's, I must admit it's been a *long* time since I was reading a book and haven't wanted to put it down.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
What am I reading you ask? A kitty litter bucket full of old quilting magazines. (I really need to find a book.)

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
And I am also now reading George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings. Let the Song of Ice and Fire addiction continue.

Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fold, Mythos! Big Grin

I just finished the second book in the Skulduggery Pleasant series, Playing With Fire (loved it, will have to buy the next one real soon).
Now I'm reading "Delusions of Grandma" by Carrie Fisher (yes, the very one) and trying to decide whether I should get it for my Mom for Christmas.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
I am reading Uncommon People: Resistance, Rebellion and Jazz by Eric Hobsbawm

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Just finished "The Night Circus" loved it.

+++

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:

Do you mean this book? 'Cos that book sounds awesome.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:

Do you mean this book? 'Cos that book sounds awesome.

Yes, I got a gally copy at a library convention.

+++

Picture of Cassiopeia
posted Hide Post
I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I hadn't actually read or seen The Kite Runner & only read this one because it was given to me as a present, but on the whole I thought it was okay. I'm not quite sure how good he is at writing young girls, but it definitely taught me a lot about recent Afghan history.

Posts: 5814 | Location: Behind bars - chocolate bars | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I hadn't actually read or seen The Kite Runner

Same here. I have heard that is the better one of the two. I did see that kite runner is now out in a graphic novel.

+++