Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Warren Ellis - FreakAngels and other stuff (spoilers may appear)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren Ellis - FreakAngels and other stuff (spoilers may appear)
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
ARG¬!

next???

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pixiejojo
posted Hide Post
I think we're going to find out KK can do something really cool.
I just hope next week's not skip week!

Once upon a time is now.

Posts: 7 | Location: Nottingham | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pixiejojo
posted Hide Post
BTW, how far are you into Transmet? and have you read Crooked Little Vein?

Once upon a time is now.

Posts: 7 | Location: Nottingham | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
me or everyone?

I've read random transmet that my library have had in, but i'm going to go back and start from the beginning again, and i've not yet read crooked little vein.

and i must admit, i was expecting this week to be a skip we, it had seemed a while Wink

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Read CLV, read it! It is AWESOME.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
my library does not have that one. I shall add it to my amazon wish list and one day it will appear, as if by magic... [/mr benn voice]...joke only gettable to those in their 30s+ in the UK

~

CHIKKINZ?

Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
CLV is obscene and wrong. no chance your library would get it!

and one wonders if KK's special ability is to go splat? the whole thing comes to an end in the next couple of weeks? after 3 books of build up? specifically designed to annoy those people who thought it was too slow?

as if by magic, the shop keeper appeared...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keep Things Strange

Posts: 1769 | Location: WGB GLASGOW CHAPTER | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pixiejojo
posted Hide Post
I meant everyone Smile

Freak angels is not allowed to end it must run for ever and ever!
@ Smaug CLV is fantastic, but a very short read, so well worth trying to convince your library to get it. But you might find you want to buy it after reading it if you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Once upon a time is now.

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Haha, that means you are also obscene and wrong, Pixiejojo. Like me. Big Grin

(My favourite part is still the Godzilla part. And the saline. Big Grin )

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
It was kind of a filler week, but still pretty. Can't wait to see The Wrath of KK...

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
i'm currently unsure why she's pissed at the end? is she scared the weight will make her drop...and yeah, quiet week, but since i was expecting a skip week...

~

CHIKKINZ?

waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
My guess would be she's pissed because she doesn't want to be teleported.

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doctor/Warrior/Hunter/Judge/Prey
Picture of Circus
posted Hide Post
I figured she was talking to the gutter, a sort of, "Don't you break on me, you piece of shit construction" kind of thing.

Posts: 7496 | Location: lurking beneath the floorboards of the old Twilight Cafe | Registered: August 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
I thought that the gutter had just come loose in the middle corner, so her situation just got that much more precarious

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I started reading FreakAngles when it came out but I have fallen behind. I am in the process of catching up.

The long long awaited Planetary # 27 came out yesterday.

Anyone else read it yet?

What did you think?

I loved it! It may not have been worth the wait but it was fun and it felt good to read.

I know Ellis has said that he went through a lot of crap, including health issues during the run of Planetary and he did not have any warm a fuzzy feelings regarding the series, but I think it is my favorite Ellis work. It is right up there with Transmet but completely different.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
i'll be picking planetary up asap.
though the wait between issues has been a bit murderous!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keep Things Strange

Posts: 1769 | Location: WGB GLASGOW CHAPTER | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
well. that ought to get people going.
the end.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keep Things Strange

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figured she was talking to the gutter, a sort of, "Don't you break on me, you piece of shit construction" kind of thing.

I thought that was what it was, too

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh. Fuck. Eek

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Marks Back!

~

CHIKKINZ?