Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Warren Ellis - FreakAngels and other stuff (spoilers may appear)
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren Ellis - FreakAngels and other stuff (spoilers may appear)
 Login/Join

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Ooh, I'm not sure! Will let you know after it's up Smile

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
ARGH IT'S A BLOODY SKIP WEEK!

Apparently 2 more weeks of comic to go, though.

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
BAH!

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24395 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*grumps*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I was a little surprised by Ellis's seemingly genuine Tweet about being upset that this was a skip week. I mean unless I buy the books or the merchandise it is of no cost for me to read.

quote:
Apparently FREAKANGELS is on a skip week today. Don't know why. Am not pleased. Apologies to all.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Well, it's running up to a climax, i expect he had it all paced out and was upset at the disruption of his pacing.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Still not reading, for what another two weeks I think I saw? *nods* I'll be back Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
One More Week!

~

CHIKKINZ?

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I caught up with it! It was really hard remembering where I left off.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Am caught up.
Wow.
One more! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
thisweekendthisweekendthisweekend.....

~

CHIKKINZ?

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
And it's over. What a journey Smile

is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Yup!
Big Grin
What a journey indeed.

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
*happysigh*

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24395 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
No, sir, didn't like it. Another non-conflictingy almost-ending. Did not suit me.

Still a great comic, though.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I have just read the final 10 episodes.

Perhaps it's because I read Neil Gaiman short stories and watch a lot of animie, I don't expect endings to be The End.

That...was the *right* ending.

Thank you all for coming on this journey with me Smile

~

CHIKKINZ?

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I didn't expect it to be The End either, but I expected it to earn it's non-ending at least. The question, "Will the FreakAngels be killed restoring London into normal time and space?" was answered with, "No, they will all be standing in a semi-circle in a warehouse set up for a rave."

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I really love most of Warren Ellis's work, but this left me a bit underwhelmed. I just felt that the characters were never fully developed and except for a few were not very well defined.

I know it was free so therefore I should not complain too much.
Please know that I do not think is was bad, I was just expecting more from an Ellis project.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
I loved the art work & the ideas. However the ending left me underwhelmed too & I read PKD. Wink

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lan Martak:
I really love most of Warren Ellis's work, but this left me a bit underwhelmed. I just felt that the characters were never fully developed and except for a few were not very well defined.

I know it was free so therefore I should not complain too much.
Please know that I do not think is was bad, I was just expecting more from an Ellis project.

^^^^this^^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr