Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Questionable Content Questions
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questionable Content Questions
 Login/Join

is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
O_O

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Wow, way to be self-sabotaging, there. (On the other hand, if she's genuinely self-aware about this, she's probably right to pull the plug now rather than string him along.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
WHUT.

Though, if Jeph pulls it off, he's got balls.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I don't see how's he's gonna do that without changing nearly everything.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Changing everything is pretty cool, though. Big Grin

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
but... I rather like all these characters - which one is he gonna follow? Because I can't see how this won't break up the whole group, I mean, they all live together and work together!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hart
posted Hide Post
Heyla, Maeve

I think the fact that Dora handled it in this manner is even more likely to keep them functional with each other more than a later disintegration would. It is sad that it did not work out but that is life. I think Mr. JAcques can pull it off, though.

-r

Death-fascinated apprentice-Gaiman-stalker-in-training

Shopping List. Help with ideas?

Posts: 114 | Location: Hammond, LA | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I agree with Hart - the fact that she's realised it's not working from HER end and broken up with him makes it more likely they can stay friends than if she'd pulled the same shit again and dumped her.

But to get back to being meta - it's brave of Jeff to do it, but it's not an out-of-the-blue Poochie moment. It has been building for some time, and is true to both characters. I can't think of a similar webcomic which has done something quite so bold (excepting perhaps the peerless Mr Allison completely changing his comic).

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
Its a nice little reality check nothing can be going all happily along for too long

or am i just a pessimist?

I can also see this leading to all sorts of anguish for faye/hamish

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
It has been building for a while, but still! OMG.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Oh good. This could have been dragged out into months worth of angsty storyline but I think he wrote what needed to be done in the best way possible. And I think everything will turn out ok, too.

How long ago do you suppose Dora moved in? I'd guess no more then 6 weeks or so.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
I think time moves differently there I would have said 6months or so.

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Domi, I think it's brave because things have been going comfortably well for the author on the old track, I think that makes it hard to change it. Howling and gnashing of teeth in the fanbase!

I'm still not convinced this is the end of the Marten-Dora ship, though. We'll see.

__

Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
so now that a while has passed since anyone posted in this thread...who else has been bored to tears with the way the comic is now

there are so many characters now that i cant keep up with who everyone is anymore, especially when some of them appear for 2 or 3 strips and then disappear for a month or so

martin has become a secondary character in it now too

bah! bah i say!

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I can't figure out what Momo's saying in this one. Frown

"thethy" is the word holding me up, I think. Help?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2000

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
"That's the last time I look up sexy yaoi sites for you."

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1766 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Ah ha! So "thethy" = "sexy"

Thanks, Caspian!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda weirded out by Momo looking human. I didn't really think I had an android prejudice, but since she started out looking toy-like and now looks human, it's just... odd. Maybe it's because she's out trying to get a job? Surely you need ID and a social security number to get a job?

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Duck, duck, duck, duck, BOOBS!

I'm going to be giggling all day.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
I pity poor Jocelyn if Tongster reads that comic...

I'd pity me too but Matrix knows better. Razz

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post