Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Questionable Content Questions
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questionable Content Questions
 Login/Join

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
That doesn't seem too different from what Tongster does normally, actually.

(I think it's funny).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Poor Jeph, the Berkshires got slammed. They are still digging out from under 20"-30" of heavy wet snow that brought down a lot of trees - still bearing autumnal leaves. Nice fillers, especially yesterday's!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
space? seriously?? ugh!

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with that? I'm looking forward to it!

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I'm not being a dick about it and demanding that he writes the strip I want to read (I'd laugh in the face of anyone who read my comics and then demanded to dictate what I give them for free), so this is more a case of pre-literary criticism than a personal complaint

I'm trying to keep in my head the fact that this isn't that weird in a universe where we know Hanners' dad works on a space station, there are antho-PCs etc. But I read Jaques' tweet about how people were going to moan that QC had jumped the shark, and though "oh, people, you're all so foolish!", then read the strip and thought "wow...seriously?"

I think the trouble is that despite all the sci-fi elements of QC it's so grounded in the real world (even set in a real town) that this does seem just a bit silly, and to me it doesn't seem to fit quite enough with the QC universe. And I speak as someone who has never had a problem with a QC storyline before, I don't decide that every change is an Awful Thing.

I also worry on his part that if it backfires (albeit a slim chance) he'll loose readers.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i don't know what i don't like about it exactly, i just think the story lines have gotten way off course and are straying too much from how the comic was a couple of years ago when i really liked it

now i read an issue (is that what they're called in webcomics?) and just say, "meh"

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
I think that he doesn't integrate sci fi well into the strip at all.
Still, space is bound to be more exciting than Marten's latest romance blunder.

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it also seems to have fallen into the trap a lot of shows and comics have of adding too many characters

sometimes a character comes back months later and i cant remember who on earth said character is and by the time i figure it out (because apparently we're all supposed to remember the universe jeph created as well as he does) the character is gone again for another 4 months

has no member title
posted Hide Post
For some reason this one today really pisses me off.

I don't think it's okay, shaming someone that way. Especially when she's just doing her duty. It's not funny and Jeph seems to want it to be funny.

__

posted Hide Post
and like 290 of the past 300 comics it has failed in being funny

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Apparently Hannelore didn't think much of it either.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that made me smile. Go Hannelore!

__

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I'm bumping this thread after so long, but I thought you would all get a kick out of today's brief appearance in Dumbing of Age.

It's family weekend at the university and they all look so happy together!

*sniffle*

Frown

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post