Find
Notify
Tools

Martin Millar
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted
Neil loves him, and often recommends his book 'The Good Fairies of New York'.

So I read it, and truthfully, found it very meh.

Then I read The Lonely Werewolf Girl, and then I read The Curse of the Werewolf Girl.

Then I lent my copies out to about 3 or 4 other people and persuaded a couple of others to buy their own, and we're all waiting rather impatiently for book 3.

A main character you want to slap! (okay, maybe that was just me ...) a cross dressing werewolf, a werewolf enchantress and a fire queen are just some of the memorable characters to be found in these books.

It's not going to change your life, but it will give you a few hours of escapist pleasure.

I also noticed, when I read his blog that he wrote the thraxas novels, under the name Martin Scott - I saw these books in my local library when I was younger but never bothered with them - has anyone read them?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I love Martin Millar. But like you Smaug I've only read Good Fairies and the Lonely Werewolf Girl books, which I really enjoyed.

I'd like to know if anyone has read Thraxus too, before I buy it!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Now I've read Ruby and the Stoneage Diet - which was ok. It reminded me of sixties squats in London (and my big sister) which was sad.

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
I'd like to know if anyone has read Thraxus too, before I buy it!

I've just picked up the first thaxus book as an ebook, only £3.80.

It's getting good reviews, a link can be found on Martin's blog.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Thank you Smaug. I'm still not happy about ebooks. I find it hard to concentrate reading on the computer and haven't got a thingy reader yet! Very happy with paperbacks still.

Can't wait for the new Werewolf book though! It'll be out soon I think Smile

Kurt Vonnegut

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I could never read ebooks on my computer either, but I've got a kindle app on my tablet and I love that.

*pops off to WishList*

quote:
The Anxiety of Kalix the Werewolf: Number 3 in series (Werewolf Girl) [Paperback]
Product details

Paperback: 608 pages
Publisher: Piatkus (1 Aug 2013)

~

CHIKKINZ?

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Bad news, book 3 got put back a month.

Good news, it's pre ordered and due to reach me in about 4 weeks time.

Good news two - due to this release the first book is available as a kindle deal for one month. £1.49 in the UK, $2.29 in the US

Good news three : this

~

CHIKKINZ?