Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Buffy the Vampire Slayer S8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy the Vampire Slayer S8
 Login/Join

Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted
Has anyone here read the BtVS comics? If so, what did you think of them? What about Season 9? I've read all of S8 and the first TPB of S9 and have to say it fails to recapture what was so great about the TV series, at least for me.

Which is also why I'm happy to give all of S8 and volume 1 of S9 to the first person who sends me a PM about this. There's so little extra space on my shelves as it is...

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I've read series 8, I'm glad I read them but won't be moving onto series 9, there is only so much shark jumping I can face reading.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
Whedon's stated goal for S9 was to get back to what made BtVS what it was - something more domestic, more intimate, more small-scale, even when they're fighting to save the world. It didn't particularly work for me in volume 1, but that may be because Buffy doesn't work all that well for me as a comic.

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
With another buffy robot ?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
What made the series work was the rhythm of the dialogue, which is obviously missing from the comic. Not a big fan.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
For a while I was able to hear their voices in my head as I read it, but it really didn't last long. I also disliked having to wait for further publications and would forget which was the last one I had bought.

So I didn't even make it through season 8.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post