Notify
Tools

The Hobbit!
 Login/Join

Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy:
... you can see what direction the story will take.

My guess is east. *nods*

Posts: 258 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by His Nodle Girl:
Haven't you heard? Cate Blanchett is Smaug. Razz

Thanks to this thread I've just reread The Hobbit. OMG it is wonderful. How awesome is the writing? THIS awesome.
It's like listening to a master storyteller infront of the fire. It's funny and whimsical and scary and exciting. I could listen to stories like that forever and ever. Smile Smile

*going right on to read LOTR again* (But I remember the writing being less wonderful.)

ETA: Also, my hobbit book is falling apart My dad bought it 1981 and it has stains and rips all over the place from my snacking while reading habit.

we're on about the same Squeee Level!

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I am really looking forward to the Hobbit. I don't really want to look into who is playing what though because I like the characters being who they are rather than who they've played before.

When The Lord of the Ring's finished at the cinema for those three Christmas' I felt SO flat, even though the books are obviously still there to read and the films on my shelf to watch. They were something so personally exciting to me I didn't want them to stop and haven't felt the same about anything else.

Tolkein really is the best storyteller. So excitied.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
i felt the same way with the trilogy in theatres. i didn't mind waiting a whole year between installments because i LIKED the anticipation and the yearly ritual of going to the theatre to be amazed and blown away

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
oops, I pulled us back to the film again.

That book is the best. I loved it.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post