Find
Notify
Tools

Terry Pratchett
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Okay, half way through and it's actually picking up a bit. It's not anywhere near his best, but I'm not grimacing when picking it up. Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I switched to Hogfather and I'm much happier!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I'm pleased to say, I actually enjoyed it by the end. :-)

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I bought A Blink Of The Screen to put in my own stocking (kidlet requires that I have a stocking, and it has to have something more than a walnut and a satsuma in it). I'm looking forward to it.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I finished it and that's really about the best I can say for it.

There was quite an interesting outline of a decent book in there, but it was all bound together with monotony and confusion.

A long time ago after my mum had her stroke I stopped at the grocery store and asked if she wanted anything she said she wanted a 'six-pack' (American term for six cans of beer, if anyone doesn't know) and I asked her why, because she doesn't drink beer. And she just kept repeating herself and the look of frustration on her face made it seem evident that she was so sure that she was making sense and I was deliberately getting it wrong. We argued a bit, I eventually gave up, got the groceries and brought her home. Where she told my dad she wanted 'a six-pack' and he told me, 'she wanted bananas' and mum yelled 'YES'!

How he knew she wanted bananas I'll never know. Though there were times after that that I knew what she wanted when he was frustrated and confused.

It seems that this is one book that has left me frustrated and confused. And sad that there was obviously something trying to be communicated and I just didn't get it.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post