Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    What are you writing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you writing?
 Login/Join

Picture of Tag
posted
I saw lots of what are you reading threads, thought wonder what some of the people here are writing.

Right now I'm writing a short story about a guy in the future were the governement tells everyone that the world is united under that one government but the main character works at a factory that makes bombs he wonders why the bombs are made if the world is united by one government. The CEOs know why, the small time workers are under educated badly by the government on purpose to keep a them uninformed and in line. (The government owns everything even the people). The main character is a manager of a workyard so he is part a very small middle class of education. (The government sends people off to different schools). I don't know what happens next but the ending will be the city being bombed. Its going to be called Bombs of Peace (because when he asks a CEO about why they make bombs he says they are making bombs of peace for peacekeeping because its kinda a like a fighting for peace idea). In reality the government is lying and another nation is bombing them. Sorry if this is too long... So what are you guys writing if you write?

Posts: 50 | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I like where you are going with this story! It is BOLD- and very imaginative. (Slightly terrifying and open to a LOT of possibilities!!) I can't wait to see where you take it.

I'm NOT writing right now. I've taken to spending my days illustrating ideas- and trying to boil them down to ' easy to read' images that contain lot's of eye-candy-details to add 'drama' and 'intrigue' to otherwise "SIMPLE" ideas.

I still think that it's cool that you joined this Board on my Birthday!! woot WOOT Big Grin

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I haven't worked on that story sense I started this thread... Think I'll go work on it now I've been meaning to get some writing done today...

Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
Actually before it was a story about a murderer employed by the government because the government realised murderers were important (weed out the week bringing down the "utopia") but it was too hard to write about a murderer and make he a likable character at the same time.

Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
i'm in the research stage for a short story or it could possibly end up as a novella about Lucifer, yes, i know it's been done so many times, but whatever...not writing it yet, but will be soon, right now, i'm writing this post Wink

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh, and also (i don't think this counts as a violation according to the FAQ) if anyone has any ideas of works that I should read in my research for this story, please let me know

here's what i've used so far

Paradise Lost- John Milton
The Divine Comedy- Dante Alighieri
Not Wanted On The Voyage- Timothy Findley
The Qur'an
The Bible
The Sandman- Neil Gaiman
Lucifer- Mike Carey
I, Lucifer- Glen Duncan
The History Of The Devil- Clive Barker
Doctor Faustus- Christopher Marlowe
Faust- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

yeah, so if anyone can think of anything else that may be good for research, please let me know

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
I'm writing a story called Girl Without A Planet (see sig!)

It's an ongoing blog about a young girl who doesn't fit in. She finds out that she's actually not a disfigured tweenaged girl but an alien!

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
oh and i'm working on a novel that was a comic but my artist vanished, then I lost everything i'd written so i'm Doing it over.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a bunch of things. Other than a bunch of articles for magazines, i'm writing a comic (and it would be quite nice if my artist actually got back to me...but she's been at the pride festivities in Toronto all weekend, so it's excused) and a novel that started as a short story that just kept going (bye bye easy second book) called Alpha

Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
I'm working on a bunch of things. Other than a bunch of articles for magazines, i'm writing a comic (and it would be quite nice if my artist actually got back to me...but she's been at the pride festivities in Toronto all weekend, so it's excused) and a novel that started as a short story that just kept going (bye bye easy second book) called Alpha

what's the comic?

posted Hide Post
current one is my grandmother's (partial) life story done in the form of a grandmother telling her grandson a fairy tale

Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
thanks

what about yours?

Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
Post apocalyptic sci fi but it's mostly the opposite of others in the genre with a mythological love interest. It's a lot of stuff mixed in. I has d a great artist who was also a stoner and he dropped the ball so i'm working on making it prose.

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Knitting patterns.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
currently working on collating together poems from 10 years worth of notebooks into a single volume....

rough, slow, and sometimes embarrassing going!

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
And they're beautiful patterns, Maeve.

Currently editing a friend's RPG sourcebook and writing up a mini-game for next week's session, as well as continuing the slog through my novel.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dominic the Stampede
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, I'm Dominic Smile I've been writing a Doctor Who fanfiction that has an original companion and Weeping Angels in it and a Heroes fanfiction that features HRG. They were both homeworks for my creative writing group.

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dominic the Stampede:
Hi everyone, I'm Dominic Smile I've been writing a Doctor Who fanfiction that has an original companion and Weeping Angels in it and a Heroes fanfiction that features HRG. They were both homeworks for my creative writing group.

Hey, I did a Doctor Who fanfic as well. That I wrote for this board, actually. We had a game where various ships competed for survival. At the end, the TARDIS had a healthy, healthy lead over Serenity, but, well, browncoats did what browncoats are best at and survived. I wrote this as a peacepipe.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dominic the Stampede
posted Hide Post
I've never seen Firefly or Serenity but your fic was excellent! My favourite part was this:

Doctor: You lot do seem altogether less . . .

(River and Simon come out of medbay. River is holding a mechanical arm, still twitching, with tatters of green skin and black and yellowish cloth)

River: Broken doll, strings cut, no more dancing.

Doctor: scary than I thought . . . you . . . might.

Well done Smile I'll have to get round to watching Firefly/Serenity at some point.

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post