Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    What are you writing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you writing?
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dominic the Stampede:

Well done Smile I'll have to get round to watching Firefly/Serenity at some point.

you will, I recommend Now.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Is yours online? I'd love to read it.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dominic the Stampede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaleC
posted Hide Post
Hi, this is my first post on the board. This is what I'm writing:

http://acrosstherivershadedbytrees.wordpress.com/

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
Something based on about seven poems of Edward Lear at the same time. Now I'm having to explain why I did it for the rest of my coursework, which is... interesting.

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just joined this forum today. Reading Sandman was a small watershed event in my life.

I am a first time writer from India.

India has a nascent (almost non existent) tradition of home grown SF. This always bothered me, because i think there's a world of thought and ideas that remain untold for whatever reasons.

It was one of Neil's talks where he said one shouldn't write for a specific market rather should write what one wants to read, combined with the graduation day speech where he exhorts people to make great art that convinced me to try.

So, I recently self published my first book on kindle.

It's called Recursion. It's a tale told through 7 short stories and is my attempt at a confluence of Indic thought and contemporary fiction.

I wonder if this interests anyone from the west?

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post