Find
Notify
Tools

His Face All Red
 Login/Join

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted
It's best read with the lights off, but in any light it's a story well-told.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
That was impressive. I almost missed the ending, but ... wow.

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
I'll have to re-read this when I get home from work. I remember enjoying it when I first found it.

And am I the only one who read the title and thought, "Shaka, when the walls fell"? Big Grin

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mythos:

could you explain what you saw to me? because i just read it 4 times in a row, and im still not catching what you are

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thirith & His Enormous Tibia:
And am I the only one who read the title and thought, "Shaka, when the walls fell"? Big Grin

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Mythos:

could you explain what you saw to me? because i just read it 4 times in a row, and im still not catching what you are

There's a slight difference between the last panel and the second to last panel. It's relatively subtle but it pretty much gives the story its ending.

- G.K. Chesterton

posted Hide Post
dweller, PLEASE message me with what it is. i see the change in the last two panels, but i'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. or just not comprehending it

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but i did really enjoy the other stuff on her site...where she went to school is actually pretty close to where i live too

but yeah, i just want to know what im missing in this specific one before i say how much i like it

Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Highlight the below.
The dead body at the bottom of the well isn't really dead, and it doesn't look happy to see him. At a guess, the next panel would be the older brother eating the younger.

- G.K. Chesterton

posted Hide Post
thats what i did see actually...i was just

and i finally got it mid-typing this!

thank you!

Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
How did you come across this one Dweller?

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
May I also recommend Our Bloodstained Roof?

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Someone posted it on rpg.net.

- G.K. Chesterton

Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
May I also recommend Our Bloodstained Roof?

That was freaking awesome, smalltown. It might as well have been a version of the albatross. Smile

knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
A lot of you guys getting a kick out of these types of stories may also like the SCP Series.

Long story short, the SCP Series is a collaborative work about a Men In Black type organization that investigates, studies, contains and sometimes neutralizes dangerous, supernatural, or sometimes just plain weird objects, people, locations, etc. I joined the site somewhat recently and am still (slowly) working on my first idea.

Here's a link to my personal favorite for that creepy, atmospheric, makes you not want to turn around feeling.

And here's one to the site's homepage.

Enjoy.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
Oh, and because I forgot to say it in my last post, I liked both of the stories here. Thanks for sharing, guys. Smile

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
A lot of you guys getting a kick out of these types of stories may also like the SCP Series.

Long story short, the SCP Series is a collaborative work about a Men In Black type organization that investigates, studies, contains and sometimes neutralizes dangerous, supernatural, or sometimes just plain weird objects, people, locations, etc. I joined the site somewhat recently and am still (slowly) working on my first idea.

Here's a link to my personal favorite for that creepy, atmospheric, makes you not want to turn around feeling.

And here's one to the site's homepage.

Enjoy.

I've definitely read these James. Sometimes I take some hour or so to go through the entries. They are awesome and sometimes I toy with writing one or something like it. Smile

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
and so i have removed my freakangels link and put this in it's place until I have a chance to read it.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'm in love with these!

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Yeah, nice additions to the thread, definitely. Any other recommendations for creepy Internet stuff. I mean, beyond The Slender Man?

- G.K. Chesterton