Find
Notify
Tools

Nanowrimo
 Login/Join

Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted
Anybody planning on doing this this year? I am.

The novel I've got planned (which isn't necessarily the one I'll write) is about a schizophrenic musician who is obsessed with bands that only exist in his head, which means the music he makes is very very very weird and very hard for people to get into. There is going to be a ton of commentary about the music industry in it.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I'm.... thinking about it. (Says the person who hasn't written so much as a short story since she was six.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I'll probably attempt it as usual, but this time I'm going to try with no ideas whatsoever, in the hope I'll get further. I'm not a writer- I get bored after I've made all the bits!

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
What is Nanowrimo?

Posts: 50 | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
It's National Novel-Writing Month - basically, you try to write a 50,000-word novel over November. The key here is speed and production, not quality: you might end up with 175 pages of utter drivel, but it's better than 175 pages of nothing, and can kick you out of the rut of spending weeks crafting then rewriting (and rewriting and rewriting and rewriting) the Perfect Sentence.

Here it is.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is a loose cannon
Picture of Ramblin' Phoenix
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely doing it again this year. If When I win this year, I'll raise my average over 50%.

The Way of the Buffalo A podcast of fiction, stuff, and nonsense.

Posts: 3120 | Location: North Tonawanda, NY | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
It's really tempting...I haven't written anything since senior year of high school. *thinks about it*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Freeman
posted Hide Post
I might have to for my Creative Writing class. I like the idea, and I have something brewing.

My friends and I are working on a script for a new movie (we've made a few) about murders, a small city, and the local drug ring. My friend's almost an expert about the inner workings of the (marijuana-level) drug rings, so it'd be interesting. Also different for me, because I tend to write ridiculous stories and a completely realistic one would be extremely unorthodox coming from me.

_____

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

Posts: 334 | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I want to do something completely insane, and actually do what I said I would last year - if I run out of ideas, bring in Vikings.

I don't care if it has a plot that makes a normal kind of sense, it's more the challenge of getting that many words on paper in the time.

So there's this guy... and then there are these Vikings...

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saharial
posted Hide Post
yes yes - this will be my 3rd year of nanowrimo muahahahahahahahahahahhahaa

i'm saharial on the nanowrimo place so please do addd meeeeee Big Grin

------------------------------------------
A giant frog chased me and it had teef!

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2139436 - for all the books i've read and am reading/reviewing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saharial/ - for my photography ^^

Posts: 466 | Location: Duma Key | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
reading the forum and stuff I'm actually quite tempted to give it a try! I don't think there's any way I could hit 50,000 this year, given how rarely I write, but it's an intriguing concept..

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I might give this a shot. I'm sort of terrified of anyone else reading what I spit out in that short amount of time, though.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
I want to do something completely insane, and actually do what I said I would last year - if I run out of ideas, bring in Vikings.

I don't care if it has a plot that makes a normal kind of sense, it's more the challenge of getting that many words on paper in the time.

So there's this guy... and then there are these Vikings...

I We know it's beside the Nanowrimo point, but we think that you should put together something like "The Quotable Domitella".

New York Times? Bump Mr. Gaiman off the list?

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24395 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
I might give this a shot. I'm sort of terrified of anyone else reading what I spit out in that short amount of time, though.

Really? I can't wait to show people what kind of stupid crap i come up with on the spur of the moment.

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I suspect that's why you're on your way to being a published author, and I am... not.

Anyway, I've signed up on the site and attempted to add Saharial as a buddy. My handle is JocelynZombie if anyone would like to add me.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
Actully I write alot Im going to try out for a public liberal arts boarding school. Hopfully Ill get in for creative writing. My friend already goes for danceing, he says my writing is good enough that I should get in fine. Its going to be awesome if I go... (really off topic)

Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool. But Im really focused on short stories right now....

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
I kind of thought of a plot on the way to work. I think I'm going to give it a try. Not going to beat myself up if I don't finish, but I'm definitely going to try.

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
p'raps. maybe if the exhibition is done by then

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post