Tools

Nanowrimo
 Login/Join

Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
64867!

I iz winnah!

My second draft will turn my first draft of shit into something readable, hopefully. My story isn't even DONE yet.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
YAAAAY

*hugs everyone who joined in*
Big Grin

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calumny and dragones be there here
Picture of Fiori
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all winners. My being sick just completely derailed my writing, as I had alot of other things to catch up on after I was better that prevented me from writing. And then I was busy at work, keeping me from working on it here. Frown

and when I said "hammer" I meant my..." - Captain Hammer

"The orange of your mind tastes like sunshine" - Furious

Posts: 507 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
Good job everybody and to those that didn't finish, there is no reason that you shouldn't finish now. Nanowrimo is done but your story isn't!

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Sometimes life does get in the way, Fiori. Maybe next time will be easier!

Jocelyn, that is great and I hope you can do something with your novel!

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is a loose cannon
Picture of Ramblin' Phoenix
posted Hide Post
Bump!
It's Nano time again!
I'm doing the challenge again this year. Who's with me?
As always, the website is www.nanowrimo.org

The Way of the Buffalo A podcast of fiction, stuff, and nonsense.

Posts: 3120 | Location: North Tonawanda, NY | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to participate, even though I'm still working on the book I started for last year's NaNo.

Maybe I'll finish it this month! Hmmmn. Maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Heh. Did everyone forget about NaNoWriMo '11? I sure did. Razz

Maybe I should try a WEnoWeWri instead - a World's End Novella Writing Weekend. Knock off a 12-page story in 2 days... I can do this...

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Matrix finished yesterday. About 50,500 words. We're going out to celebrate tonight. Razz

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Matrix.

My library offered writing space for NaNoWriMo. we had a few people come in.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
So... 1700 words/4 pages/day?

... I missed the official month but let's see if I can knock something out before New Years.

DAY 1... starting after i'm done netsurfing. Razz

EDIT: 1,585 words today. Close enough and almost legible. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Furious,

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Heh. Well that ended quickly! Razz

Note to self: Don't start an impromptu 'write anything that comes out' project when you're derpressed. Holee sh-

posted Hide Post
I just read a great book!! It is called "Mein Kampf" by Adolph Hitler! And the best part is, I bought a copy and mailed it to him and he autographed it for me! Here is the link I got it from!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dweller in Darkness,

Posts: 9 | Registered: March 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.A.Tilley
posted Hide Post
Nanowrimo is once again upon us, in the previous years I had regretfully not participated in lieu of working on other frivolous projects.

However, this year I have every intention of participating, in fact I created a crowd-funding campaign to aid in getting the novel published once it is completed. This of course has little to do with fame and fortune and more to do with (A) sharing stories with new readers, (B)trying to have a book printed on paper while such a thing still exists, and (C)using the crowd-funding campaign as an excuse to complete the novel...what better of a reason to push forward than having people count on you to do that very thing. This is something that more people should do, that is if they are like me and need the encouragement to finish a project.

For now, here is the synopsis for my first novel: "Over one hundred years after what happened to the last human who entered the school grounds of Spookville Elementary School, the principal Mr. Victor Price decides to once again open the doors to a new human exchange student. Discovering this news, Gwen Reaper's parents decide to move from their normal home in Salem, to that of the more unusual local of Spookville in order to allow their daughter the experience of not only being an exchange student but also with learning about her family's true heritage.

Gwen must now cope with having to make new friends at a new school all the while trying not to freak out due to being surrounded by very things she read in the mythology books. Meanwhile, back in Salem a young werewolf must learn how to blend in without everyone knowing the truth of what happens during the light of a full moon."

http://www.nanowrimo.org/spookcentral/ Indiegogi: The Hunger Fangs

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I intended to do this for the first time this month... and then other things got in the way. Boo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12393 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.A.Tilley
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about that. I know all too well what it's like having things get in the way of plans/goals. Such a shame.

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post