Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Kieron Gillen's Loki books
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kieron Gillen's Loki books
 Login/Join

Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted
Has anyone here read Kieron Gillen's take on Loki in Journey Into Mystery? I don't read many superhero-type comics unless I know the writer; Gillen I know mainly from his video game journalism (especially on Rock Paper Shotgun), and I'd heard good things about his comic book writing. Loki seemed like a potentially interesting character in The Avengers, although that was mostly due to Tom Hiddleston's portrayal of the character.

Anyway, volume 1 arrived yesterday and so far it seems pretty cool. Very mythological (and there are some bits at the beginning that remind me of Gaiman's mythological bits in Sandman). Just wondering whether anyone else has been following the series.

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I haven't but I've always liked Loki as a character, so i'd love to hear how you get on with it.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20557 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
I don't know the Marvel version of the character (beyond what's in The Avengers), but so I definitely like the characterisation. Apparently Tom Hiddleston is a fan of the series, for what it's worth.

Will let you know once I've finished vol. 1.

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post