Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Mythaxis magazine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mythaxis magazine
 Login/Join

Picture of gil
posted
ANNOUNCING:

Issue 3 of Mythaxis .

Now accepting submissions for issue 4.

Issue 3 includes stories from Mythos and remote.

Posts: 18 | Location: WGB | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
*Cheers* Big Grin

*is so happy to have another story published*

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Splendid! I (very-fastly) read Mythos's story in Chicago, it's nice to be able to really um... devour it. Big Grin

(although possibly this should be in the Other Writers section?)

Welcome aboard gil!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*nods*

it should, i'll leave it here a very short while to allow maximum exposure...so to speak, and then move it..

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
woohoo, Remote's story is excellent!

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer:
woohoo, Remote's story is excellent!

it totally is!
wait... i mean thanks, and it totally is!

Posts: 1769 | Location: WGB GLASGOW CHAPTER | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
okay guys, i'm going to move this to its rightful place before i forget Razz

i'm looking forward to reading the stories though.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
The "Blazon" story is mine. "Trouble with Word" is also mine. That one is in issue 1. Smile

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
Good work. After reading the quote from wikipedia, I felt like I should make up my own.

Oh, thy cu... never mind.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
red fever -#2
when gretchen met sally -#3

Posts: 1769 | Location: WGB GLASGOW CHAPTER | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
These are great - well done to all those bloody brilliant writers. How do you do it? Always thinking up something new - it makes me sick! Smile

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
i recommend always carrying a pad and pen.
banging head repeatedly against walls.
tearing hair out by the handful.
and if that doesn't work, stabbing yourself in the leg with the pen.
works for me. sort of.

if only it were easy Smile

Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Any more of these happening?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
new issue should be up end of this month, that's the theory at least, have been various delays.

(checks thread) wow not been updated. there was another issue back in november, which you've no doubt seen.

it had a piece by me, called "survivor".
the next issue should have a follow up, called "no survivor".

will be interested to hear what people make of it once its up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keep Things Strange

Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
I believe I might have a new story on there too when the time comes.

Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
mythaxis June 2009 issue is now online and live. It contains a half dozen stories, including my latest piece. In Survivor, Lei Bliley was the only survivor from a first contact expedition. Physically twisted and broken she was haunted by the memories of those events. Two years later, the whole world knows her name. Two years later and there can be No Survivor.

There are another 3 new pieces up there, including the new one by mythos, and 4 previous issues worth of material.

Thanks to Noir who illustrated Survivor and to Noodle Girl who illustrated No Survivor.

I'm particularly pleased with my contribution to this issue, I hope that people will read and enjoy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keep Things Strange

Calumny and dragones be there here
Picture of Fiori
posted Hide Post
Okay, now I'm confused. No Survivor says: (spoiler) "Her head snapped back, a red circle formed like some holy mark on her forehead, before her skull shattered and she died, an aura of blood splashed outward. She had turned out to be human - Lei Bliley - subject of an experimental program." So is Sunni really Lei? Or what?

Either way, I loved this story. I'm just a bit confused!

and when I said "hammer" I meant my..." - Captain Hammer

"The orange of your mind tastes like sunshine" - Furious

Posts: 507 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mr.Push
posted Hide Post
my intent was to mess with your head like -
its supposed to be ambiguous/psychological, but the suggestion is something like the aliens have created a Bliley template, which has infiltrated the heads of everyone who bought an alien rock, and took over their brains. so the switching back and forth is the shifting perspectives within the one head as the Bliley personality takes control

-hope that clarifies...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keep Things Strange

Calumny and dragones be there here
Picture of Fiori
posted Hide Post
You know, if I'd read it a second time I would probably have figured that out. :P

Makes it seem even more Lovecraftian that way, which I'm totally down for.

and when I said "hammer" I meant my..." - Captain Hammer

"The orange of your mind tastes like sunshine" - Furious

Posts: 507 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post