New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locke and Key
 Login/Join

Picture of Game Wizard
posted
I was wondering if anyone else has had the chance to read the graphic novel Locke and Key by Joe Hill?

The first volume, Welcome to Lovecraft, is just awesome. I thought at first I wouldn't like this because I never got into reading anything with horror material attached to it but this one just blew me away.

The premise for those who don't know is about three siblings who inherit this spooky old house from their recently murdered father and they discover that the house has scattered through out these magic keys, each key with its own properties, like making you a ghost, or changing your gender, letting you go anywhere in the world no matter where you are. And those are just the keys in the first volume. And they keep alluding to other keys in each book, so look out for them.

Well I just thought I'd see if anyone else has had the opportunity to read these books. There are only two volumes out but each is just incredible reads. I've read each one at least 7-8 times and still love it.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
Read the second Volume of Locke & Key; Head Games

Takes place a few weeks after volume 1 and goes into a little more back-story of the villain and the kids dad and you find out a little bit more of what the villain wants and how he got where he was in the first volume.

Just as awesome as the first book, has another key to use and also if you are paying attention gives a glimpse at a new key they might use in the future. I think I read this one just as many times as the first one if not more.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi i am student. this novel is very Interesting and thrilled. I read this novel.
I like First volume book.
I read this first one just as many times.

[url=http://american-writers.org/ ]custom essay writing service[/url]

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post