New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I'm familiar with both of those stories. The one with the playroom is on one of my books on tapes of his... Doesn't strike me as something that'd grab Z, but I could be wrong. The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit Zoe has a prejudice against - she is sick of hearing her grandmother talk about how much she likes the movie version of it.

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
i really want to see the movie... i saw it reviewed on the Unknown Movies site

it may be a cliche, but if you take away the twist ending, 'A Sound of Thunder' is about people hunting dinosaurs. i don't know Zoe, but i know that when i was that age, and when my sibs were that age, we all loved dinosaurs. so maybe you could do something with that...

i'm so jealous... i've never met Bradbury, and he's one of my creative heroes

i'm thinking some of his more abstract stuff could work like when i read 'Jabberwocky' to my little bro-- dosen't need to make sense, but the langauge is good

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
just got a big book of 100 Bradbury stories, picked by the Great Man himself... love them to death... some of my faves are in there-- 'The Toynbee Convector', some of his Irish stories he wrote when he was writing 'Moby Dick' for John Houston... um... forgetting the titles... but yeah. love them

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Hooray! I just bought a Ray Bradbury comic adaptation they do 5 stories in comic book form. I'd only read one of them too... so it was pretty cool.

And I would also like to say, since I am just now posting in this Ray Bradbury thread, my fav Bradbury book is the Martian Chronicles! Yay!

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Dang, I haven't posted in thsi thread yet? I just bought 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea again, and it's a good book, but mostly I bought it for Bradbury's magnificent essay, "The Ardent Blasphemers," where he compares Nemo to Ahab.

You could do a Bradbury year:

Spring: Green Shadows, White Whale
Summer: Fahrenheit 451
Autumn: The October Country or Something Wicked This Way Comes
Winter: ??

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
You could switch it up and do Green Shadows, White Whale in the winter and Dandelion Wine in the spring.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone wanting to discuss Ray Bradbury, his message board is badly in need of traffic.

http://raybradburyboard.com/gr...yboard.com%2Fgroupee

Also, does anyone read this board? I made a couple of posts recently with no responses. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cori,

#Fear_the_Sleer

Posts: 16 | Registered: January 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cori:
Anyone wanting to discuss Ray Bradbury, his message board is badly in need of traffic.

http://raybradburyboard.com/gr...yboard.com%2Fgroupee

Also, does anyone read this board? I made a couple of posts recently with no responses. Thanks.

No, not really. There's a few active discords, and Facebook groups, though.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Facebook is not very good for discussing literature because you need to have a thread on a topic and be able to find it again.

#Fear_the_Sleer

Posts: 16 | Registered: January 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post