Login/Join

Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted
Here's another one I'm following, although it's not as good as QC: Dr. NcNinja

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
dr. mcninja. ::snort:: this is my new FAVORITE THING EVAR!!!

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14241 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
war, death, necro ducks
Picture of Schrödinger's Cat
posted Hide Post
Girly by Josh Lesnick is quite good as well.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ~ Oscar Wilde

Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the forms of kings to govern him? ~ Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 4468 | Location: Under the table with a bottle of scotch! | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
there's also Dinosaur Comics

Picture of Ariany
posted Hide Post
I was just about to mention dinosaur comics...My friends and I love them.

I'm assuming everybody is aware of NN2S (even though it's not really operating much anymore) and Rob and Elliot?

----------
It's not illegal if it's hilarious.

Posts: 28 | Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
war, death, necro ducks
Picture of Schrödinger's Cat
posted Hide Post
Can`t see the appeal of Dinosaur comics. After all, where`s the artistry in `cut-and-paste`?

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ~ Oscar Wilde

Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the forms of kings to govern him? ~ Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 4468 | Location: Under the table with a bottle of scotch! | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
dinosaur comics would be more about the writing and wit than the artwork, which is their gimick.

Posts: 14241 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is a loose cannon
Picture of Ramblin' Phoenix
posted Hide Post
Girly is...interesting. I used to read "Wendy," his first comic, back in the day.
Also, Adventurers! and Girl Genius.

The Way of the Buffalo A podcast of fiction, stuff, and nonsense.

Posts: 3120 | Location: North Tonawanda, NY | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Asitsays
posted Hide Post
All cool, thanks for posting. Smile

Posts: 38 | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
Least I could do is a rather fun and irreverant one about a player with the emotional maturity of a seven year old and his long suffering roomates. Very irreverant and not politically correct, but it manages to make fun of people on both sides of every fence you can imagine, including its main character.

If you back through the archive, you'll find some genuine laugh out loud funny moments.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Soulslack
posted Hide Post

I love Natalie Dee!

- Soul

Post Tequila Ergo Propter Tequila.

Posts: 1913 | Location: Aotearoa | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
she reminds me of exploding dog, but very much cleaner... smoother?
is she exploding dog??

Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
from drmcninja's bloggy thing
www.gunnergkrigg.com is pretty cool,

and from natalie dee's site, her new http://www.marriedtothesea.com/ makes me giggle.

Picture of Soulslack
posted Hide Post
Yeah her stuff is exploding dog-ish. I don't think she is in league with Sam though.

I like the new Married To The Sea stuff too.

- Soul

Post Tequila Ergo Propter Tequila.

Posts: 1913 | Location: Aotearoa | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Girded for battle
Picture of aisha
posted Hide Post
Shhhhhhh...

I love love love love the Secret Crocodile Adventure Club.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
Some more notable comics:

The Last Days of Foxhound, a parody of the popular video game Metal Gear Solid, starring the boss characters before the events of the first game take place.

Order of the Stick, a parody on role playing games and the gamers themselves.

No Need for Bushido another fun parody. You can guess the subject. Wink Razz (Hey, where else are you going to see a young samurai swordsman shout a phrase like "Holy flipping shinkies of death"?).

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
the rainbow orchid is very awesome. it's a tintin-like adventure. the art's a bit richer in detail tho, which i like.
quote:
If you like your comics full of mystery and adventure, with an emphasis on good story, and you love the worlds of Rider Haggard, Conan Doyle, Jules Verne, Edgar P. Jacobs and Hergé, then you'll want to read The Rainbow Orchid...

Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
hehe... thanks James. I've read the whole story of the Order of the Stick in two days, and now my wife is working on it as well.

Picture of Dwight L. MacPherson
posted Hide Post
JIM REAPER is a fun webcomic--if I do say so myself. Well, it's not really a webcomic yet, but there are four "episodes" available for your viewing pleasure.
We will be adding a new strip every Saturday, so please check it out and let me know what you think.

Posts: 76 | Location: Spindle Towne | Registered: July 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lalaithriel
posted Hide Post
Yay! somebody else here reads Girl Genius!

I'm also a big fan of Jennie Breeden's slice of life comic, The Devil's Panties, and Randy Milholland's Something Positive.

"My Life is spent in one long effort to escape the commonplaces of existence." - Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 8 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: October 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post