Tools

more webcomics?
 Login/Join

Picture of thecheckeredman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Flinchy!:
Garfield minus Garfield

This is a great comic! DYK that Jim Davis fully supports this? Weird huh?

Please check out my comic strip TALES OF A CHECKERED MAN at www.thecheckeredman.com

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of -3-
posted Hide Post
Garfield minus Garfield is a concept that i didn't think would hold for long at all. But Flinchy's doing a fabulous job of proving me wrong. And the tone of the strip works much better for me now.

Currently, i'm reading through the archives of "Menage A 3" from Giz and Dave Zero. It's... oh, hell - I guess it's really a comicstrip sit-com? But if i say that, Robin's Nest or Three's Company comparisons are inevitable. Let's not go there...

===
experiMental Theatre
"Whose mind is it anyway?"

Posts: 32 | Location: Hermit Cave, Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of -3-
posted Hide Post
experiMental Theatre is a strip i find myself forced to recommend. (Mostly because it's my new webcomic) URLs:
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
http://emt.the-comic.org/

The strip officially kicks off on Sunday, but the pre-strip ramblings have already earned the #5 position on ComicFury.com's currently popular comics page before it actually begins. I blame this entirely on using nudity and violence to lure in the readers, not just the usual twisted humor. Wink

If you've seen any of my other artwork, this is much looser in something of an underground style. As the title might suggest, it's an experiment in Mental Theatre. After updating the first three strips on a daily basis, it'll be updating every third day, on dates divisible by three. (No obsession or anything going on there, huh?)

===
experiMental Theatre
"Whose mind is it anyway?"

Posts: 32 | Location: Hermit Cave, Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
Just found out that my favourite NZ graphic artist has a webcomic!
The Magic Pen

I'm liking it so far, even just for the "Tumbling Tuatara's" line!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Digger by Ursula Vernon. It's about a very pragmatic, down-to-earth wombat who gets lost and meets gods and oracles. There are a few webcomics that feel truly epic, like Dresden Codak, but Digger could very well be the best I've read so far, a real graphic novel in webcomic form. Sometimes there's a bit of a Pratchett vibe, I think Granny Weatherwax would strongly approve of Digger, but the story is uniquely its own thing, something rich and strange.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
sorry if it's already been brought up...but does anyone else read the ever ridiculous white ninja?

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
From Twitter:
quote:
The incredible China Mieville has given us permission to post his entire web comic "London Intrusion" http://www.mulhollandbooks.com...03/london-intrusion/

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
Mr. Big Flinchy, whatever they ever said may possibly have been your fault, your sins are forgiven for posting this.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Couldn't get the original 1998 DC comic Muktuk Wolfsbreath, Hard-Boiled Shaman, but I thought dang, great title, and interesting concept.

Now it's back as a webcomic. Getting caught up on the archives now.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Stumbled across this the other day. I feel like most of it is the kind of humor you'd all appreciate. Space Avalanche

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
Stumbled across this the other day. I feel like most of it is the kind of humor you'd all appreciate. Space Avalanche

This one needs to be hanging from cubicles world-wide!

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
This one is really interesting. I followed it for a while and then I got a new computer and life got busy.

But apparently, Lovecraft is Missing

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
I'm right now reading two webcomics that a friend of mine introduced to me.

I was reluctant at first to read them. I am resistant to, not change, but to new things. I like to take my time getting into them. Best way to say it is I don't like getting tossed into the deep end right away, and instead slowly progress there on my own in my own time.

Any way the two comics are:
Girl Genius
This is a sort of combination of Mad Scientist in a Alternate WWI era Europe with Steampunk influences to it. This is a long comic, it started in late 2002 and is still going.

The second is: Bear Nuts
This is like if someone took the Care Bears, took away the rainbows and sunshine, instead gave them booze, fetishes, and some over the top neurotic behavior. Oh and they are zoo animals on display.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I rather love this.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jason
posted Hide Post
My buddy Mike does a great webcomic titled Cleopatra in Spaaace. http://www.cowshell.com/cleopa...9/08/17/chap-1-pg-1/

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
Have you guys seen this?

http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/image/31007661973

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1766 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old Moon
posted Hide Post
Hi there Smile
You are cordially invited to visit
The Annals of Old Moon.
(not a web comic as such, but we think you may enjoy it)
http://www.theannalsofoldmoon.blogspot.co.uk/

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caspian:
Have you guys seen this?

http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/image/31007661973

That's kind of adorable.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post