Notify
Tools

Fforde Fiesta
 Login/Join

Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
Oh my God, you SO are! Big Grin

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25462 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
Weeee !! Got the program !! Smile

Saturday 3rd May 2008

·We start with registration at 10.00, a Getting to Know You game will be ongoing through the morning to allow visitors to mix and make new friends, especially if you have come by yourself.

·There will be a TN based quiz at £1.00 per entry, the highest scoring entrants will win the chance to play Name That Fruit and Pit Your Wits Against Jasper

·There are going to be coach tours in a 24 seat vintage bus over Saturday and Sunday, have a look at this picture and think green instead. http://www.jasperfforde.com/index2.html

·2.00 Croquet Tournament

·5.00 Call My Bluff – a quiz with words to confuse and astound you

·7.00 Fancy Dress Parade to show off your creations

·8.30 Author Reading by some bloke call Jasper

·9.30 Charity Auction short and sweet

·III Richard III audience participation, we are going to invite the crowd to join in, especially the battle scene at the end (no pointy things being used) Big Grin

Sunday 4th May

·Flying Boat Race

·Build a TN character out of Lego

·1.30 Teenage Angst Poetry competition

·3.30 Name That Fruit – Adrian Lush is back by popular demand

·5.00 Pit Your Wits Against Jasper – a chance to go head to head against Mr Fforde answering questions on TN novels

·7.00 Murder Mystery Gala – a special event penned by Jasper to be carried out during a 3-course meal (tickets £26 and must be ordered in advance, menu on request)

·10.00 Disco free for all to end our stay at the hotel

Monday 5th May

·Picnic and Kite Flying at Uffington White Horse (weather pending) we say farewell at this wonderful site where mammoths migrate. It is 15 miles north of Swindon and your own transport is needed.

*bounces out of thread*

Posts: 969 | Location: frog eaters' land | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
fancy dress a MUST!

still don't have accomodation

is it £80 each for the hotel they recommend or together?

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
It's not very clear the way they put it, but I think it's £80 each, if you're taking a double room, and £100 if you're taking a single room.
(which makes single room at £100 and double at £160, makes more sense to me than double at £80).

Speaking of which, are we in for the Murder Mystery Gala and/or croquet tournament ? I've just re-read the confirmation letter and they say you have to confirm before... er... yesterday. Big Grin

*bounces out of thread*

Posts: 969 | Location: frog eaters' land | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
*still incredibly jealous*

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25462 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'd be up for it

we can ask if we can still get them perhaps?

i'm still working on accomodation, i've just been utterly swamped with work. Razz

I'm hoping something goood will come up on lastminute.com

-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
Cool ! I'll (try to Razz) send a mail tonight to confirm. It should still be possible, I've been re-reading the mails and the deadlines at the beginning seem to have... loosened a little.

(Now I have to decide what kind of costume I'll make. Oh, and did I mention the "I don't have any clue what croquet looks like" part ? Big Grin )

Woot !

*bounces out of thread*

posted Hide Post
i have no idea what to dress as either!

maybe i'll be Ms Cavendish, get a cheap old wedding dress, wash it with some black laundry, rip it up a bit Big Grin

any one who has read the books offer ideas!

Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
Be the Dodo!

~~ Terry Pratchett

Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
Too hot !!! It's in May !

(I would totally love to be the dodo...) Big Grin

*bounces out of thread*

posted Hide Post
alrighty!

i bought my ticket for the gala and hopefully reserved us some rooms! now i'm going to see if we can get cheap train/bus tickets!

Picture of Talkie Toaster (patent applied for)
posted Hide Post
I randomly chose The Eyre Affair at the bookshop yesterday ...am glad to see that the author is worth a thread...will get reading!

I toast therefore I am - It's my raison d'être

Posts: 163 | Location: Game on! | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bugger! i still need a costume!

Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
Silly! You must take pictures for us! (and pick up Swag for us too if you can! )

I adore Fforde, I'm just so in the wrong place for all the cool book festivals...

As for costumes: I can totally see SP as Thursday1-5 the eeeeeeeeeevil Thursday.

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4138 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i haven't received anything form the Fiesta people

maybe i outta drop 'em a line.

Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
Anything anything ?

Cause the last one I received was the one saying that the murder mystery dinner was gonna be moved to the chinese restaurant, and you did receive that one, didn't you ?

(I got my red dress by post today. So I'm definitely going as the Red Queen. Weeeeee ! Big Grin
Are you still going as Miss Havisham ?)

*bounces out of thread*

posted Hide Post
i possibly could. i'll have to do a run down of charity shops.

Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
*Bump for the announcement of the Fforde Ffiesta 1985, in Swindon on September 11th - 13th, 2009 !!!*

Stay tuned, and mark your agendas... Smile

*bounces out of thread*

posted Hide Post
hee! there is a link to the pictures from last year and there are some of you Big Grin

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I am intruiged, but I've read none of the books Razz

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post