Tools

Fforde Fiesta
 Login/Join

Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silly punk:
hee! there is a link to the pictures from last year and there are some of you Big Grin

There are some of you and your Richard III-killing sword too !! Big Grin

*bounces out of thread*

Posts: 969 | Location: frog eaters' land | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
News from the Ffiesta Fforganisers ! Smile

quote:
Dear All,

Because the Ffiesta is based around Shades of Grey and the publication is being delayed until January 2010, we have decided to delay the Fforde Ffiesta from September 2009 to May 28th-30th 2010 . I know this is a disappointment, but good things come to those who wait!

In the meantime, here are a few of the many events for you to look forward too.

Hamlet, Prince of Zombies : we will be choosing people (who express an interest in performing) at random and sending out scripts prior to the event.

1st Legion of the Danvers – we want to gather as many Danvers clones as possible. Certificates will be presented to those taking part. The uniform is
Grey granny wig
Long black dress
Dark glasses

At the opening and closing of the Ffiesta we will be singing the Ffiesta Anthem of Leaning on a Lampost by the Revered President Formby, and so you know what it sounds like here is a link to a video of President Formby performing the song here

Grey Angst Poetry – Write a poem on the theme of Why is the World Unfairly Levelled at the Young

Old favourites that will be returning:

Name that Fruit!

Coach Tour of Swindon

Fancy Dress

Gala Dinner

http://www.ffordeffiesta.com/

*bounces out of thread*

Posts: 969 | Location: frog eaters' land | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Not Fforde Fiesta news, unfortunately, but I thought some of you might be interested in knowing that Jasper Fforde is doing a reading at Foyles in London on July 9th.

Tickets are free, but need to be pre-ordered from here: http://www.foyles.co.uk/Public...il.aspx?eventId=1550

I won't be able to get there in time from work unfortunately Frown But if you go, I hope you enjoy it!

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post