Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    (at very long last) "Wunderkind Rising: A Novel" - by myself
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(at very long last) "Wunderkind Rising: A Novel" - by myself
 Login/Join

Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted
(mods: I am posting this in the hopes that my old permission to start a thread for my new book still holds for this one, if not, feel free to delete or move as needed)

Some of you have been waiting for this for so long that I'm not even sure if you're still waiting! Or even still around, but in case you are, I'm very pleased to announce:

Wunderkind Rising: A Novel is at long last available for public purchase. It's only taken me 6 years, but it's finally as finished as it's ever going to be.

To order a hardcover copy click here

Or for a paperback click here!

I hope those of you who have been so patient in waiting for me to send my "baby" out into the world enjoy it after all this time!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lady Jasmine,

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4142 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
will crush you with her mighty shoe
Picture of ninjabatty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Lady J! This is so exciting!

"Don't be surprised if your son gets his butt kicked by a rabbit one of these days."
-Zoe to her mother in Baby Blues

Posts: 2684 | Location: Behind your sofa | Registered: February 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
*grins* thanks! I just hope that after all this time all the people who said they wanted one still do!

Posts: 4142 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Perfectly acceptable posting, Lady Jasmine, and thanks for remembering to ask, whenever you did.

And congratulations!

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
Perfectly acceptable posting, Lady Jasmine, and thanks for remembering to ask, whenever you did.

And congratulations!

Thanks Dweller! (I asked years ago, when I published my short story collections, I wasn't sure if I should have asked again or not)

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Our anti-spam rules are mostly in place to keep people from coming on and saying, in their first few posts, "Hey, buy my book." I do appreciate veterans asking first, though. I have friends that come over for dinner every Friday night and most of them still knock - it's not that they need to do so in order to come in, it's just what you do.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Freeman
posted Hide Post
I wish you many book sales in the future. =D

_____

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

Posts: 334 | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
when i have monies, i will invest them wisely. Wink i hope everything takes off well in the meantime.

can i ask a question, though? what's with the "a novel" bit? i'm noticing lots and lots of books have that now, and at first i thought it was for books that didn't want to seem too much like genre fiction. but now i'm seeing it on john grisham books and...well, pretty much all books. lol. so what's the rationale behind putting "a novel" on the cover of your book?

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
Well in my case it was for the simple reason that i liked how it looked and sounded after the title. Also, there were a few people that asked me what kind of book the book was, and the title is a bit obscure and the cover gives little away so I thought I'd tack "a novel" on there to make it a bit clearer.

has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
okay, thanks. Smile

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Lady J! That's a wonderful accomplishment. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:

can i ask a question, though? what's with the "a novel" bit? i'm noticing lots and lots of books have that now, and at first i thought it was for books that didn't want to seem too much like genre fiction. but now i'm seeing it on john grisham books and...well, pretty much all books. lol. so what's the rationale behind putting "a novel" on the cover of your book?

Isn't it kind of old school? Like, something that was common practice until a few decades ago? I have no proof, just thinking that it reminds me of all kinds of authentic, really old editions I've seen. Then... I suppose they dropped it, maybe because covers became more elaborate so that everyone knew at a glance whether it was (genre)fiction or not, anyway? And now it's become a question of style, maybe even lending a little old-fashioned or otherwise un-modern charm to the book?

On second thought, don't we have librarians around for these kinds of questions, so I can shut up and stop guessing? Smile

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
I just thought it looked right for some reason, I tried it with and without before ultimately deciding to leave it in..

I have sold....one copy....

*sigh* oh well, these things take time I suppose

Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
I have now sold 3 copies! Which two of you kind people bought my book? Or was it actually someone I *don't* know????