Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    Gail Carriger - Parasol Protectorate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gail Carriger - Parasol Protectorate
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted
I've picked up the 1st 3 Parasol Protectorate at the most wonderful store at the local Car Boot Fair on Monday, anyone else reading them and what do they think?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
She just finished the series (book #5) and it was fun!

If anyone would like to try it, I have Book #1 in paperback. Everything else is an ebook.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Have #1-4 in paperback, #5 in ebook. Love them. Matrix and TGIB have read them too. Smile

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I read books one and two, but then the language use started to wear on me. I might go back for the rest. I bought book two at a reading! She brought the bookstore some very nice tea.

Reminds me a little of the Amelia Peabody series - down to the trusty parasol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And busy! But I am really excited abotu it. And I have the kind of personality that really like knowing what I have to do, and what's expected of me. Having things planned in advance makes me happy.

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I have been meaning to read them ever since Maeve mentioned them last summer. I got side tracked by reading the game of throne books insted. I promise I will get there someday.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
I have been meaning to read them ever since Maeve mentioned them last summer. I got side tracked by reading the game of throne books insted. I promise I will get there someday.

I shall send you th paperback of book #1! I have it on my Nook and prefer it that way Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post