Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  Other Writers    (HUGE-ASS SPOILERS WARNING) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Discussion thread
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 57
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(HUGE-ASS SPOILERS WARNING) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Discussion thread
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I re-read the fifth book yesterday, and I couldn't find any more RAB names. The only name that came close was the Bones family, becuase the Grandparents were never named, and they were killed by Death Eaters.

quote:
I have found some facts by JKR and she said that Harry wont be an animagus.

I would like to see that proof. But, with everything that already has to happen in the 7th book, I doubt he will have the time to put twords figuring it all out. But, you never know.

quote:
gosh, ive been re-reading the hp books and in evrery book, ive written down every single name i find (ex: dedalus diggle, vernon dursley, harry potter), even names that are just mentioned once, and that arent important...im doin it just to see how many names of ppl that jkr has created and maybe discover RAB while im at it (although i highly doubt it and as of now, believe it is regulus black) and maybe while im at it, ill write down all the places i come across (ex: godrics hollow, grimmauld place, hogwarts)
dont u think thats a great idea Lord Voldemort?

I think it's a horrible idea. There are plenty of online resources that have done all that work for you. YOu might want to find one and look for RAB there. JKR did say that the mysteries in the end of the 6th book would be pretty obvious if you looked at it the right way, and Regalas is one obvious and very clear solution.

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XXXBANANANANANANANXXX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sweet99:
i have a big question: when r the harry potter books suposed to take place? present day? or a long time ago? cuz in the movie, the dursleys' clothing looks really old-fashioned and their televisions are really old fashioned as well.

It is the present. Insome of the books Harry says things about Dudley's computer and something about some sort of Nintendo game.

XXXXXX

Posts: 33 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Voldemort:
Origianlly posted by Outtathaway
quote:
Harry will become an Animagus. He will discover how his Dad and Sirius, and Wormtail, did it and become a snake in preparation for combat with Nagini.

PROOF PLEASE!

XXXXXX

posted Hide Post
Whta about how there are paintings of every headmaster from hogwarts, dumbledore will still be around in a portrait next book...any ideas when that will come out??? one of the horuxses might be the trophy that tom riddle got for services to the school...when he "caught" hargrid in the chamber of secrets...im not sure though... i think harry will go back to school...the book wont be the same without him, snape will redeem himself after he dies..like they will all realise he is good...godric hollow isnt just a coincidence this has something to do with voldy inthe 7th book me thinks...any ideas?

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why doesnt harry just talk to the portrait of DD?

Posts: 25 | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think harry must die in the 7th book. JKR could not possibly stop writing books about harry if he continued to live. Harry will die...

But he will nock someone up so he has a kid..

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the reason that harry cant talk to the portrait is that it isnt there yet...he will in the 7th book, harry probably does die in the end but there isnt much reason for him to die unless he is a horcrux, he probably knocks up hermoine and some mad love triangle forms hahaha

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the portrait is already in place-we see it when harry goes to Dumbledore's office with McGonagall at the end of HBP

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lol, uhh....watever

Posts: 144 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hi everybody!
Picture of Aliens from Zyphorn
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by sweet99
quote:
gosh, ive been re-reading the hp books and in evrery book, ive written down every single name i find (ex: dedalus diggle, vernon dursley, harry potter), even names that are just mentioned once, and that arent important...im doin it just to see how many names of ppl that jkr has created and maybe discover RAB while im at it (although i highly doubt it and as of now, believe it is regulus black) and maybe while im at it, ill write down all the places i come across (ex: godrics hollow, grimmauld place, hogwarts)

I think that is an excellent idea because some of the fan sites that are online might look over some of the little details. With you doing this, maybe we can find something that can help us predict what will happen next. Keep up the great work!!!

Posts: 848 | Location: A Zyphorn Mother Ship Above Earth | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hi everybody!
Picture of Aliens from Zyphorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by unicorechoice:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Voldemort:
Origianlly posted by Outtathaway
quote:
Harry will become an Animagus. He will discover how his Dad and Sirius, and Wormtail, did it and become a snake in preparation for combat with Nagini.

Originally posted by unicorechoice PROOF PLEASE!

Here's the proof that Harry will not become an animagus: JKR has stated that Harry will not become an Animagus, but she never said anything about Ron or Hermione. You can view this at http://www.harrypotterfacts.com/_speculation_animagi-theory.htm
But wait, there's more! Here is an interview I found with JKR and a Harry Potter fan:

SB: We're going to take a few more questions, and um, the next one is will Harry ever turn into a shape-changer like his father?

JKR: Animagus. No, Harry's not in training to be an animagus, and if you've read book three, you won't know – um, that's a wizard that's very, very difficult to do. They learn to turn themselves into animals. No, Harry is not, Harry is going to be concentrated elsewhere, he's not going to have time to do that. He's got quite a full agenda coming up, poor boy. This was on http://www.harrypotterspage.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t418.html

Posts: 848 | Location: A Zyphorn Mother Ship Above Earth | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How on earth can Harry return to Hogwarts to actually do his work? Will he just go off looking for the horcruxes in his spare periods? No. He will not return to Hogwarts to do his NEWTs. He may return to talk to Dumbledore's portarit or look at a memory at his pensiev but there is no way he can destroy Voldemort and his Horcruxes while studying at school. And especially in about 600 pages.

XXXXXX

posted Hide Post
Originally posted by sweet99

quote:

[I think that is an excellent idea because some of the fan sites that are online might look over some of the little details. With you doing this, maybe we can find something that can help us predict what will happen next. Keep up the great work!!!]: post by lord voldemort

thanks lord voldemort, so far im only in the 4th or 5th chapter of the 1st book, lol, its hard writin down these names! lol

posted Hide Post
Hello everyone...new to the group, I have been reading your posts and am really enjoying your theories!
I like the DD and Snape working together theories, and although I wish it were not true, I think our beloved DD is really gone. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong in book 7 though, which JKR hinted may be at least 2 years away...I know, proof, hang on...can't find it...I'll keep looking.
And the "Snape loving/obsessing after Lily" thread of a few days ago would explain a lot of Snape's weird behavior toward Harry in my mind, why DD trust him so much, etc.

I have a completely different question though, does anyone know if we are told what color Tom Riddle's eyes were? Just building a theory here and trying to find evidence. I have been through book 2 and couldn't find it in there, although it talks a lot about how Harry and Tom Riddle are similar in appearance. I don't recall seeing any mention of Tom Riddle's eye color in HBP either, and I don't mean LV's red eyes. It relates to why LV chose Harry as the child described in the prophesy over Neville, as well as something that JKR said in the interview with Mugglenet... http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml ... that Voldemort actually gave Lily the chance to live but she chose to protect Harry. Why would LV offer HER that choice over everyone else he has ever killed. LV clearly has no problems killing just because...so why give Lily a choice? Is Lily related to Riddle??? Could she be his DAUGHTER? I know, I have been watching too many Lucas films!

posted Hide Post
quote:

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong in book 7 though, which JKR hinted may be at least 2 years away...I know, proof, hang on...can't find it...I'll keep looking.
!

Found it! The interview was the one with the "cub reporters": http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4690000/newsid_4690800/4690885.stm

"Michael Farr for Indigo books and music - When is the seventh book going to finally come out because it took two years for this one to come out?
JK Rowling: I am going to say now I think it will be at least another two year wait (groans). Sorry, I think it probably will be just being realistic. My plan is to start writing seriously at the end of the year because I still have a very young baby, although I am doing some work on it at the moment."

Bummer...at least two more years to wait! My girls will be old enough to start reading the books by then!

posted Hide Post
rab could possibly have something to do with one of the children brought to the cave by Lv like family

P.S. Their last names both started with b

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Molly Weasley:
I have a completely different question though, does anyone know if we are told what color Tom Riddle's eyes were? Just building a theory here and trying to find evidence. I have been through book 2 and couldn't find it in there, although it talks a lot about how Harry and Tom Riddle are similar in appearance. I don't recall seeing any mention of Tom Riddle's eye color in HBP either, and I don't mean LV's red eyes. It relates to why LV chose Harry as the child described in the prophesy over Neville, as well as something that JKR said in the interview with Mugglenet... http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml ... that Voldemort actually gave Lily the chance to live but she chose to protect Harry. Why would LV offer HER that choice over everyone else he has ever killed. LV clearly has no problems killing just because...so why give Lily a choice? Is Lily related to Riddle??? Could she be his DAUGHTER? I know, I have been watching too many Lucas films!

Lily can't be his daughter because she is muggle born.

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wiz chess wizz:
rab could possibly have something to do with one of the children brought to the cave by Lv like family

P.S. Their last names both started with b

I am not sure about that, however I do believe that the memories to the children Voldemort took to the cave may be seen in the pensieve in book 7. This could only be the case if there is a way of a wizard being able to extract memories from muggles or in highly unlikely circumstances the children are wizard/witches.

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outtathaway:

Lily can't be his daughter because she is muggle born.

I thought of that first too, but JRK also said some odd things about Aunt Petunia when asked if she was a Squib...JKR's site in the news section on 8/15/04..."Good question. No, she is not, but-(laughter). No, she is not a Squib. She is a muggle, but-(laughter). You will have to read the other books. You might have got the impression that there is a little bit more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye, and you will find out what it is. She is not a squib, although that is a very good guess. Oh, I am giving a lot away here. I am being shockingly indiscreet."

So that got me wondering if maybe in their past, there was wizarding blood. Then, more recently I crazily thought since LV's actions seemed out of character, that maybe there is something there. And the descriptions of Lily and Petunia are so different...Lily was pretty and Petunia is described as "horsey". Did Lily and Petunia have different fathers? Or maybe not her father, but what about grandfather or something weird...it would have had to have been when Tom Riddle wasn't "transformed" so much yet, maybe when he was still handsome and boastful. Like I said, just a thought...wanted some other ideas too! Smile

posted Hide Post
o, abowt tom riddles eyes....they are brown, ust kidding, sorry, no ideas